VP of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting - REMOTE
Company: Creative Financial Staffing LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with cutting-edge
Pharmaceutical Company to identify a VP of SEC Reporting
&Technical Accounting to join their team. This is a great
opportunity to join an organization where you can make a difference
while advancing your career. Our client is a mission-focused
pharmaceutical company that is looking to revolutionize the
industry. Why the VP of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
- The Company: Founded by a renowned biotech
entrepreneur/investor, our client is revolutionizing the
pharmaceutical industry by offering innovative medicines at
dramatically reduced costs. They do this by going after known
disease targets and established drug mechanisms, which allows our
client to sidestep some of the biological risks that can doom
- The Growth: Launched in early 2020, our client has entered into
a definitive business combination agreement that has provided $1.5
billion in cash proceeds. They are going through the approval
process in Q4 2022 and will be expanding globally.
- The Opportunity: This role offers complexity, visibility, and
challenge. Unlike traditional Technical Accounting and SEC
Reporting roles, the VP is not considered a "back office" position.
This opportunity will serve as a vital business partner to the
organization's most essential departments and executive management.
The VP will play a critical role in assessing and assisting with
key business and strategic activities, initiatives, and
transactions while advising on the appropriate accounting
- The Culture: Ranked in the "Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces of
2021" by Newsweek, our client is focused on the long-term strategy
of delivering quality medicines to patients at drastically reduced
costs. They believe that no patient should go untreated for their
illness because they cannot afford the cost of the medicine. The VP
of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting's responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
- Lead and grow the SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
- As a trusted business partner, collaborate cross-functionally
on all technical accounting and SEC reporting matters. Document
conclusions on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions
and contracts and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Oversee and review the preparation and filing of SEC
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all financial
policies, GAAP, and SEC-related reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- CPA is required.
- 15+ years of experience in and working knowledge of GAAP, SEC
Regulations, and SOX, including Big 4 public accounting
- 3+ years working at a commercial biotech/pharma/life
science/medical device company
- Extensive knowledge of Stock-Based Compensation, Business
Combinations, and Revenue Recognition.
- Experience managing the preparation, review and filing of 10-Q
and 10-K filings, proxy statements, registration statements,
- Experienced with international consolidation and multi-currency
- You have experience leading, coaching and mentoring individuals
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing LLC, Cambridge , VP of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!