Sustainability Software Portfolio Sales (New England)
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To
design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell.
To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do
something better, but to attempt things you've never thought
possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and
solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Sustainability Software Portfolio Sales is currently seeking
qualified applicants for an AI Applications Sales Representative.
The seller will have to work collaboratively with the Technical
Sales Team and other IBM Sellers, Channels, Services, Marketing,
and Offering Management to develop and progress new business in the
market. As a client-facing sales professional, you will be guided
by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients; help them grow
their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business
problems with IBM's proven Sustainability Software solutions. We
are looking for bold, resilient, and agile sellers, as well as
game-changers, trailblazers, and challenge seekers, who are
interested in making an impact in selling IBM's Sustainability
- Analyze your assigned territory for client opportunities to
sell IBM's Sustainability Software solutions.
- Prospect for qualified leads within your territory through
various methods such as LinkedIn, email campaigns, cold/warm
calling, and cultivating leads provided by our inside sales team
- Opening, negotiating, and closing business consistently to
- Design and create solutions that support client projects,
strategies, and stated goals.
- Stay abreast of internal and external factors in your assigned
territory and industry (i.e., new industry regulations, trends,
emerging technology, Cloud, etc.) that will create opportunities
and then communicate the value of our solutions to clients.
- Build a territory plan to maintain a 4X pipeline to goal,
execute the plan, measure, and adjust as needed to drive towards
- Communicate and negotiate contract terms, licensing, and
pricing with clients.
- Provide weekly updates of opportunity progression, forecast,
pipeline, and prospecting activities
- Leverage business acumen to understand the client's business
strategies, technical requirements, and competitive landscape.
- Lead and collaborate with IBM's Software and Services teams to
define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of proposed
integrated solutions - from design, implementation, solution
pricing, final execution, and ultimate client success.
- Work with the technical team and other organizations to deliver
practical Garages, Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology
(POT), Personalized Demos, support critical situations, to drive
velocity through experimentation.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and
credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic
and tactical business problems with IBM's Sustainability Software
- Apply industry expertise, competitive knowledge,
cross-functional leadership, and creative vision to drive the
Sustainability Software brand strategy and offerings, methods, and
models, to ensure world-class design and delivery.
- Develop executive-level relationships with customers, primarily
with LOB and IT.
- Lead, co-create, and drive account-based marketing initiatives
and create and lead sales prospecting strategies and tactics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least three years experience in selling complex solutions to
mid to large enterprises
- At least three years experience in selling Sustainability
solutions, Asset Management, B2B Collaboration or Order Management
or similar solutions
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
- Track record of learning new solutions
- Successfully sold to C-Level decision makers for large
transformational projects ($500k)
- Financial/ value-based sales- ability to create an economic
case via ROI/Value Proposition
- Strategic thinking- systematically solves problems and
anticipates possible customer pain points
- Hunter mentality- ready to go out and find new
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation
- Self-starter who works well in a remote environment and takes
pride of ownership in all aspects of their work
- Collaborative-recognizes the skills needed to win deals and
takes the initiative to get the right people involved
- Familiarity and willingness to manage sales opportunities in a
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Two years experience in selling cloud or hybrid cloud
- IBM Maximo or IBM Sterling Solutions knowledge and experience a
- Sales Methodology comprehension and utilization
- Strong computer skills such as MS Office and Salesforce
- Experience and familiarity with the value of Containerization
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more
than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of
revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic
sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working
closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve
clients locally. These country teams have client relationship
managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution
specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth
and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global
experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and
broad-based client relationships. This local management focus
fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and
making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the
Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their
industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and
partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and
existing clients through digital marketplaces.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status
with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve
some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the
future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us,
express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves
their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add
to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change
- to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to
create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that
through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can
improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the
power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our
clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the
largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the
biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the
Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial
intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for
you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology
innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible
IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a
competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life
insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may
also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options
are also available to support eligible employees during
- World-class training and educational resources on our
personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture
supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the
depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage
your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM
stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can
network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable
organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales
incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on
performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the
applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or
in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this
position, you must have the ability to work without a need for
current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy,
disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is
also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices
regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Keywords: IBM, Cambridge , Sustainability Software Portfolio Sales (New England), IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!