Senior Software Engineer
Company: Elemental Machines
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About the role:Elemental Machines is looking for a qualified
Senior Engineer to help lead our applications development team in
building Elemental Machines' suite of Lab Operations tools and
services. Candidates must have a strong command of Rails back-end
and React front-end development and be familiar with mobile
This is a full-time, salaried position. About us:Todays research,
clinical, and quality control labs are expected to discover and
produce at a pace once considered unimaginable. Now, to lead is to
be led by data. The Elemental Machines platform elevates LabOps
teams to lead data-driven discovery, development, and delivery by
simplifying the connection between physical and digital worlds. The
result is a lab united by a universal cloud-connected dashboard and
operations, informed by monitoring of every asset and environment,
both in real-time and over time. Why? The standards established by
operations determine the pace of output and discovery
organization-wide.Excellence in LabOps is a connection away.
What do we do?We elevate LabOps teams to lead data-driven
discovery, development, and delivery.How do we do it?We simplify
the connection between the physical and digital worlds.Why do we do
it?Optimizing the operations of research, clinical, and quality
control labs has an exponential impact.
The Culture:Elemental Machines is a startup company based in
Cambridge, MA, and we love it here! Being right next to some of the
most innovative companies in the IoT and BioTech industries gives
us drive and passion to pursue our own big goals, while enabling
other companies to pursue theirs.We are committed to delivering on
our promise to our customers: accelerate how they get science done.
This commitment touches every level of our culture, because we are
excited every day to stretch our creativity in balancing the needs
of our customers with the resources at our disposal, and to
thoughtfully interact with our peers to keep our mission on
More about the role:Responsibilities:
- Contribute to high level architecture decisions for React
applications, backend APIs, current Rails application as we migrate
to React, and database structures.
- Provide technical expertise for maintaining applications and
various related subsystems including messaging, report generation
and delivery and alerting.
- Design & build application schema and APIs to support front-end
- Research and evaluate API Interfaces with IoT and IoT-related
technologies including Balena Cloud, PubNub, PubSub, and GCP IoT to
determine integration options
- Contribute to best practices in code structure, re-usable
design patterns, testing, scalability, monitoring, and
- Keep track of tasks, bugs and stories in Jira
- Keep on top of technical debt and overall codebase health
- Work closely in cross-functional team to estimate and deliver
features in support company priorities and goals.Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer
engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience architecting and maintaining large scale web
- Excellent communication and collaboration skillsby Jobble
Keywords: Elemental Machines, Cambridge , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!