Vice President, Information Technology
Company: Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Develop and execute the enterprise IT strategy for the G&A,
R&D, and commercial functions in the US Oncology organization,
including IT governance, risk & compliance, technology due
diligence and selection, project management, telecommunications
infrastructure and the service delivery model. This position will
report to the SVP, CFO. Responsibilities
- Develop short-term and long-term IT strategy for the company.
Oversee development and evolution of the IT roadmap, including
prioritization and sequencing of key systems
- Evaluate and implement systems and processes required to
support commercialization of first product
- Build and maintain an appropriate, top-flight technology team
by attracting and retaining key talent, and fostering talent
development programs that build business acumen, customer
centricity, and IT leadership skills.
- Identify opportunities for automation and execute plans to
automate, maximizing the IT development productivity.
- Balance the technical aspects of the position with the ability
to integrate the company's corporate strategy with IT priorities,
taking operational, cybersecurity, data privacy and compliance risk
into consideration, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
- Accountable for audit compliance, cyber security, disaster
recovery and business continuity processes and initiatives. Provide
guidance on adjusting controls as required through new technologies
and new company mergers/acquisitions.
- Implement and oversee all IT policies, procedures, and plans
for security, desktops, infrastructure, and systems based upon
industry-standard practices, along with SOX, FDA, and privacy and
data protection requirements for IT.
- Oversee the operations of the IT organization including
corporate/enterprise systems, commercial systems, R&D systems,
infrastructure, and IT security & compliance.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective
investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources,
including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
to meet the Company's needs and standards.
- Establish strong working relationships with the other senior
Oncology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor on IT
- Strategically manage the IT project portfolio including the
sequencing of projects, budgeting and planning, tracking and
resolving issues and risks, managing the dependencies across
projects, and reporting relevant information to the
- Communicate business technology strategies and plans to key
- Assess new and emerging technologies in context of the
company's strategy in order to maximize contribution of technology
to business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with parent company and affiliates and
perform other duties as needed. Qualifications
- Minimum of 15+ years of business process and technology
experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including a minimum
of 5-7 years senior management level experience.
- Strong understanding of 21 CFR Part 11
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous involvement with NDA filings is desirable.
- Experience developing, leading, and successfully executing an
IT vision and direction including developing long and short-term
strategic IT plans, developing financial analyses, and translating
budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational
- Demonstrated leadership and experience attracting and
developing strong IT talent.
- Ability to manage, coach, and mentor high functioning IT
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate
with a variety of stakeholders including all employees, senior
management, as well as external partners and vendors.
- Ability to proactively and confidently engage with key
stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business' evolving IT
needs, develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective
solutions, and explain technology-related issues to non-technical
- Experience in a Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant environment. Sumitomo
Dainippon Pharma Oncology (SDP Oncology) is a global developer of
novel cancer therapeutics with one goal: advancing purposeful
science by transforming new discoveries into meaningful treatments
for patients with cancer. The company's robust and diverse pipeline
of preclinical and advanced-stage assets spans multiple areas,
including oncogenic pathways, survival mechanisms, and novel
protein interactions, which aim to address unmet clinical needs in
Read the press release . Privacy Notice Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
Oncology is a registered trademark of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
Keywords: Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology, Cambridge , Vice President, Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!