Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Verve is a VC-backed startup building a world-class team to
commercialize soft wearable solutions that empower the way people
move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight wearable
exosuit that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates
to reduce fatigue, mitigate risk of back injuries and augment human
performance. More info at vervemotion.com
Verve is looking for an Embedded Engineer to join our growing team.
You will maintain, evaluate and develop software to operate our
wearable systems. As part of the team you will be involved in
software and electronics roll out, hardware selection for IoT
connected systems, and motor control. We are seeking someone who
will strive in a multi-disciplinary team. If you're a
product-driven engineer with a passion in electro-mechanical
systems (robotics preferred), apply!
- Contribute to firmware development for next generation soft
exosuits. By testing, debugging, refactoring and writing code for
embedded targets (PIC, ARM, etc.).
- Implement real-time signal processing and control algorithms
for electro-mechanical systems incorporating various sensors and
- Develop software to test, validate, and verify embedded system
- Develop software for test fixtures.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers to maintain electrical
hardware (understand schematics, probe signals, and debug embedded
systems) as part of ongoing system development, support, and
- Work with our embedded system lead to implement features and
bring up new hardware.
- Develop testing software and quality control procedures for
- Provide support for systems deployed at our client's
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical and software engineers
for design reviews.
- Write documentation and perform code reviews.
- Other duties as required.
- Are hands-on, well versed in hardware debugging and
- Have a desire to deeply understand system interactions of
complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Excited to work in a fast paced, fast growing startup.
- Passionate to contribute to the development of the next
generation of assistive exosuits to protect our workforce.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- BS or equivalent degree in CS or Electrical engineering with at
least two years of experience
- Expert programming skills in embedded C
- Experience developing code for bare-metal
- Experience reading and understanding schematics and
- Experience with embedded software development, including
testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Familiarity with common communication protocols (I2C, SPI,
- Familiarity with RTOS concepts and RTOSes (VxWorks, FreetRTOS
- Familiarity with PIC/ARM based microcontrollers.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with debuggers and using logic analyzers.
- Experience with motor control and robotic systems
- Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet and USB
- Embedded project hobbies.
- Experience with PCB design.
- Experience with toolchains and setting up a custom build
Verve is dedicated to building a diverse team of individuals who
are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment. Some of
our core values include respect for all, serving the greater good,
and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences,
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't
check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Verve, Cambridge , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!