Alliance Business Development Representative - Security Software
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: May 25, 2020
Alliance Business Development Representative - Security
The Business Development Executive role is responsible for
strategically engaging with partners and enterprise customers to
develop incremental revenue sources for Micro Focus Security, Risk,
and Governance (SR&G) solutions. This role is an externally
focused thought leadership/evangelist role with responsibilities
for recruiting global/regional alliance partners, service
providers, channel partners, and developing repeatable joint
go-to-market solutions/service offerings while supporting direct
sales teams on large cybersecurity deals. The Business Development
Executive role is expected to have a nice blend of business,
technical, commercial, and large deal structuring skills with an
ultimate focus on developing incremental revenue generation
- Identify, develop, and maintain a highly influential ecosystem
of cybersecurity experts, thought leaders, and solution architects
within alliance partners and large enterprise customers across the
- Demonstrate thought leadership and deep subject matter
expertise in the cybersecurity space through industry forums,
corporate events, etc.
- Identify emerging cybersecurity use cases and drive
customer-centric innovation opportunities.
- Develop partnership opportunities to embed Micro Focus SR&G
solutions into managed services platforms, turn-key solutions,
repeatable solution reference architecture, etc.
- Enable and support the account teams, business development
teams, and pre-sales teams to effectively position SR&G
solution plays with alliance partners and customers.
- Identify emerging cybersecurity solution pilot opportunities
and establish customer references/case studies for emerging
cybersecurity use cases.
- Identify and develop opportunities to embed Micro Focus
SR&G solutions/capabilities into managed services platforms,
turn-key solutions, repeatable solution reference architecture,
- Establish and maintain a repository of emerging cybersecurity
use cases, customer case studies/references, commercial
models/frameworks, etc. to drive efficient business development
initiatives and continuously explore ways to shorten
Education and Experience:
- G degree in general management, sales & marketing, computer
- 10+ years of sales and business development experience in the
- 5+ years
- 5+ years of thought leadership and evangelism experience in
working with alliance partners and global 2000 customers.
- with an eye towards developing repeatable offerings.
- Experience in working with on-shore/off-shore personnel across
- Results-driven, self-sufficient and self-motivated individuals
with a strong commitment to success and delivery excellence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Enjoy learning and introducing new technologies to help
colleagues and partners embrace and adopt them.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
with the ability to articulate and sell on value propositions.
- A track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated
ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze
problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans
- Strong Business acumen with an understanding across solution
lifecycle concept to product.
- Strong understanding of Strategic Consulting, Systems
Integration, Global Delivery Models, Managed / IT Outsourcing
Services, Infrastructure Management Services, IT / Data Center
Transformation, Identity and Security Management, Open Source,
Cloud Computing, Intellectual Property, Platform as a Service,
Application Development & Maintenance, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an
ability to communicate effectively with both technical and
non-technical audiences at the C level
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business
units to achieve results
- Proven ability to build and maintain executive level
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly
evolving industry and business organization
- Works with the Customer Success teams to educate target
accounts on the solution set and gets involved in account planning
for strategic deals
- Leads efforts to establish, develop, and expand market share
and revenue attainment within named solutions
- Works to attain various sales objectives related to securing
new business opportunities within named customers, engaging
Alliances to address solution gaps and with Cloud Service providers
and System Integration teams to develop offerings.
Job:SalesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Cambridge , Alliance Business Development Representative - Security Software, IT / Software / Systems , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!