Company: Sofra Bakery & Cafe
Posted on: November 16, 2023
ABOUT USIn Turkish, Sofra is synonymous with generosity and
hospitality. James Beard nominated Executive Pastry Chef Maura
Kilpatrick and co-founder Ana Sortun (of Oleana, Sarma & Siena
Farms) approach cuisine with a Middle Eastern sensibility by
creating delicious food featuring unique spices and spice blends.
Sofra Bakery & Cafe reinterprets regional food traditions of the
Eastern Mediterranean to make them accessible and inspiring for our
guests. WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?We care about each other and our
customers. We build long-term relationships with our employees and
support individuals who wish to further their career development
within the food industry. We offer extensive educational and
professional development opportunities, including wine and beverage
training, Mediterranean diet education, community engagement, and
guest speakers. We will always believe in exceptional hospitality
with warmth & professionalism, but not pretension. Our managers try
to practice what they preach, not leading with aggression or
negativity, but rather dedication, fairness, and desire to bring
the best out in their team. We look for passionate, kind, committed
and honest people who find joy in their profession and can
transcend that message outward.At the end of the day, we want our
restaurant to be a representation of our values the kind of place
we would hang out on our day off. All of our businesses are funky,
fun spots that appeal to people from all walks of life.Sofra is an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce
and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.JOB
DESCRIPTIONThe Kitchen Manager supports the Sous Chef and Chef de
Cuisine in leading the savory department. These duties include but
are not limited to staff training, maintaining standards, and
executing daily production. The Kitchen Manager will contribute to
Sofra s shared hospitality goals of improving co-operation and
communication amongst departments to deliver the guest the best
experience.At Sofra, you will
- Work with high-quality ingredients, including unique spices,
hand-selected artisan ingredients, and Siena Farm vegetables.
- Assist in managing daily kitchen operations and supervising
kitchen staff. Solve problems and assist CDC and Sous Chef as
- Assist in ensuring quality and consistency of all food prep and
ingredients including but not limited to proper rotation,
appearance, and seasoning.
- Assist in ensuring daily production is finished in a timely
manner and lists are adjusted as needed. Assist in completing prep
lists for the next day.
- Assist in proper stocking, rotation, organization, and
cleanliness of kitchen and all storage areas on a daily, weekly,
and monthly basis.
- Assist in ordering product and maintaining pars. Familiarize
with vendors and pricing.
- Work with the team to achieve the highest level of
- Assist in communicating new menu items, menu changes, and
allergy information to front of house staff for tastings and FOH
- Assist in training new hires and creating effective training
- With direction from CDC and Sous Chef, assist with inventory
management, portion control, and food waste to achieve financially
- Assist in upkeeping equipment with managers and chefs.
- Assume duties of Sous Chef tasks in their absence.
- Provide leadership, model appropriate behavior, enforce company
policy and procedures, and uphold quality standards.
- Maintain company culture to champion vision, values, and uphold
staff morale.Qualified candidates will
- Have at least 3 years working in a professional kitchen
- Be able to work full-time (roughly 45 hours/week)
- Be available weekends and holidays
- Work in a clean and organized fashion
- Follow clearly documented food safety procedures
- Work as a team and take direction from multiple managers
- Be able to read and follow written recipes, deal successfully
with multitasking and be comfortable in a fast-paced work
- Exhibit a desire to learn and be challenged creatively
- Have a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Have excellent attendance and punctuality
- Have a desire for long-term employmentCOMPENSATION
- Competitive salary, based on experience ($60k-$65k)
- Free meal per shift
- Paid vacation time
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Employee discounts at our sister businesses Oleana, Sarma and
- Partially subsidized health insurance, and group rates on
dental, vision, and voluntary (critical illness, accident,
disability, life) benefitsPlease consider joining our team! To
apply, please send a resume and cover letter to .
Keywords: Sofra Bakery & Cafe, Cambridge , Kitchen Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!