AM Prep Cook
Company: Flagship Facility Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Starting pay: $20.00/hr*
*Job Perks and Benefits*
* Monday-Friday schedule, with weekends off
* 11 paid holidays
* Full medical, vision and dental coverage
* Competitive pay
* 401k with employer match
* On-the-job training to advance in your position
* Free meals and snacks during your shift
As a Prep Cook for our company you will be responsible for
preparing various food items through knife/tool cuts in large
volume. All items will be prepared following all safety and local
sanitation guidelines during production.
* Responsible for preparing ingredients for production according to
* Assist with food production to include; undertake basic cooking
duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, making salads,
* Cut and clean a variety of fruits, vegetables, and proteins using
a knife and/or cutting machines.
* Assist in the production of food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and
* Follows production sheets, portioning and merchandising details
as instructed by management.
* Follows all recipes and guidelines while meeting production
* Ensures consistent quality on all prepared items.
* Tastes all food prepared for station to ensure flavor, freshness,
* Maintains a clean and organized station.
* Maintains kitchen equipment.
* Follows proper rotation and storage of goods such as; proper
labeling, stocking of ingredients and FIFO.
* Continuously seeks opportunities to improve the customer
* Follows safety and sanitation procedures with all guidelines from
OSHA, Department of Public Health and Risk Management.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Knowledge and Skills*
* Moderate kitchen skills and etiquettes. Interpersonal and
* Utilization of knife cuts in a fast, efficient and safe
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a consistent
* Strong communication, time and resource management and planning
* Sense of urgency.
* Customer service.
* Ability to move throughout the caf-- and kitchen in a safe
* High volume production & large batch cooking.
* Ability to handle kitchen equipment and tools safely.
* Professional appearance.
* Knows where things are in the kitchen and how to use the
*Education and Work Experience*
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Culinary Degree (preferred but not required).
* Minimum 2+ years prep experience or equivalent job
The work environment for Prep cooks includes the following large
kitchen environment elements and exposures.
* Fast paced kitchen.
* High sense of urgency.
* Moderate to high noise level.
* Exposure to soap and cleaning solutions.
* Slippery/uneven surfaces may be encountered.
* Frequently moving from cold freezer to normal kitchen
* Occasional smoke, steam, and heat in a confined space.
* Hot/cold environments when moving thins in and out of the fridge
* Must have and maintain an active Handlers' Card (ServSafe) and
adhere to local food handler requirement.
* Maintain an exceptional personal record of punctuality and
* Consistently perform all duties in a responsible and efficient
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Constant handling and fingering food, carts, cooking equipment,
* Constant use of hands while prepping food.
* Constant grasping food, cooking and equipment.
* Occasionally rotating body/ pushing/pulling food racks and
* Constant lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs.
* Frequent lifting and carrying items weighing between 20 lbs. - 40
lbs. Items weighing over 40 lbs. must be carried by two (2)
* Job requires frequent reaching across surfaces, above shoulders
* Frequent pushing and pulling of loaded and unloaded carts and
* Good or correctable vision is required to safely perform all
* Frequent standing, walking, bending and twisting are required to
perform cooking and food prep duties.
* Squatting and kneeling may be required.
* Good balance required to safely perform all assigned tasks.
* Neck flexion and usage will be constant while performing assigned
* Environmental demands include: hot surfaces such as oven and
* Use of step ladders.
* Greasy and wet floors.
* Exposure to fumes from burnt oils and greases.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Authorized to work in the U.S.
*Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*
Flagship is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of
employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or
discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and
business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical--------- condition, pregnancy,
genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
*Americans with Disabilities Act*
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of their job.
_If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!_
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Vision insurance
* Casual dining restaurant
* Fine dining restaurant
* Upscale casual restaurant
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Cambridge, MA 02142: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Flagship Facility Services, Inc., Cambridge , AM Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!