Chef Instructor - Sushi/Dim Sum/Asian Cuisine - Per Diem
Company: The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts
Posted on: September 22, 2022
CSCA is an iconic New England landmark, and for more than 40
years has been highly acclaimed among the nations premier culinary
schools. Here, students gain the essential knowledge and
foundational skills a great culinary education demands classic
fundamentals of cooking and baking, history and influences of the
worlds greatest cuisines, techniques for mastering common and
exotic ingredients, and more. CSCA is seeking a passionate, part
time, Chef Instructor to teach in our Recreational Program. We are
seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Chef who specializes or has
expertise in the areas of Asian Cuisines, Sushi and Dim Sum. This
individual will have exceptional cooking, teaching and customer
service skills. You will be the catalyst to our students gaining
confidence in the kitchen, adding to their repertoire, and
providing individuals, couples or groups of friends with an
alternative fun night out! Our chef instructors take pride in
sharing their knowledge and expertise with students at all levels
of proficiency in our intimate, hands-on environment. Does this
sound like you?RECREATIONAL CHEF INSTRUCTORESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Set-up of kitchen and lecture space as needed, and inventory
check at least 1 hour before the scheduled start of class.
- Production and teaching responsibilities: up to 30 minutes of
classroom lecture and 3.5 hours of hands on cooking.
- Provide direction and feedback to recreational students of
varying skill levels to ensure successful classroom operations and
an outstanding educational and enjoyable experience for
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Ensures all food items are cooked and served properly and under
- Adjust teaching style to meet needs of diverse group of
participants (adults, teens, beginners, advanced, etc.).
- Must be able to multi-task and have a full grasp of all
activities occurring in the kitchen at all times.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all guests at all
- Ensure that kitchen is organized and left in proper condition
for the cleaning crew; this includes checking that all equipment is
turned off, dirty dishes and equipment are left in good order for
the dish washers, and leftover inventory items and equipment are
returned to their proper locationsADDITIONAL DUTIES AND
- This position requires a varied work schedule, to include
nights and weekends as necessitated by business circumstances
- Perform other duties as needed, directed or assigned.
- Must wear CSCA approved uniform at all times while instructing
a class or representing CSCA.QUALIFICATIONS
- Culinary school graduate or a minimum of 5 years working in the
food service industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in
- Candidates must be able to pass a CORI background check.WORK
- THIS IS A PART TIME, PER DIEM POSITION THAT IS PAID BY THE
- Class schedules will vary by week.
- Class days will vary, including nights and weekends
- Number of classes scheduled will vary based on demand, skillset
and availability.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, kneel, sit, and walk for
extended periods of time.
- Instructors will be on their feet for up to 5 hours at a
- Instructors will need to handle and lift heavy kitchen
equipment, chairs, tables.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job occurs primarily in commercial kitchens which may vary
in temperature and humidity.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, Cambridge , Chef Instructor - Sushi/Dim Sum/Asian Cuisine - Per Diem, Hospitality & Tourism , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!