Food Service Supervisor - Lesley University
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day
through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries
around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we
strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our
communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop
your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional
growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a
sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is
helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working
here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and
management of the food service operation. Ensure that appropriate
quantities of food are prepared and served.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality
of food according to policies, procedures, and department
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are
served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner
according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety
codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to
departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate
production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee
growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within
the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director
whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to
initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared
and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office
staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first
year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills
Keywords: Aramark, Cambridge , Food Service Supervisor - Lesley University, Hospitality & Tourism , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!