Lead Cook - Biogen B6
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day
through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries
around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we
strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our
communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop
your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional
growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a
sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is
helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working
here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Lead Cook is responsible for cooking and
preparing food according to recipes and production guidelines while
adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
The individual should safely handle knives and equipment such as
grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. The Lead Cook may be
responsible for oversight or delegation of responsibilities within
the culinary operation. Essential functions and responsibilities of
the position may vary by Aramark location based on client
requirements and business needs.
- Schedules and assigns daily work assignments to a food service
team and oversees the completion of tasks
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, proper food safety and
sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production
guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping,
trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers,
- Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking
methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude
towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including
proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a related role
- Experience as a cook or in a related role required
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation,
various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper
food handling, sanitation, and storage
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both
written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up
to 25 lbs.
Keywords: Aramark, Cambridge , Lead Cook - Biogen B6, Hospitality & Tourism , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!