Surgical Science Liaison - Ophthalmology
Company: BlueRock Therapeutics
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who is BlueRock?
BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated
subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy
company using its unique cell+gene platform to direct cellular
differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new
generation of cellular medicines that address large patient
populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and
immunology diseases. The convergence of cell biology and genetic
engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease.
Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs,
we are advancing our novel cell+gene platform to develop,
manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic
and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas:
neurology, cardiology, and immunology.
What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then
direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into
authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular
therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further
engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies,
and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit. We are
passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene
therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering
new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options. We
are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and
dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance
cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients' lives.
The Surgical Science Liaison will be a field-based member of the
Medical Affairs team and will serve as the primary BRT
representative within operating rooms during neurosurgery. The
person in this position will be responsible for all aspects of
investigator and clinical staff training, as well as surgical
device and cell product technical support during surgeries.
This individual will also be responsible for exchanging scientific
data and other medical and/or scientific information, thus serving
as a scientific partner to KOLs, both inside and outside of the
operating room. This role will report to the Sr Director, Head of
- Support and provide requested guidance to the Investigator,
operating room and clinical staff through in-person Operating Room
attendance during neurosurgeries.
- Provide real-time connection to BRT medical experts in order to
resolve questions or safety concerns arising in the operating
- Maintain a thorough and detailed working knowledge of the cell
preparation processes and surgical devices in clinical trials.
- Work with engineering, clinical and device teams to develop
surgical training materials and implement and oversee surgical
- Collect and internally communicate technical surgical
information and feedback from clinical investigators.
- Provide remote and on-site support and training of surgical
staff during the use of the device/system.
- Be well-versed in current medical/scientific research, and
publications related to Parkinson's disease.
- Establish, foster, cultivate and maintain relationships with
KOLs in PD.
- Engage in scientific discussions with HCPs and ensure
appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information in
a timely and compliant manner.
- Function as the medical speaker to present, as needed, at
clinical/surgical sites, congresses, symposia, and training events
to provide up-to-date, data-based, scientific and clinical
information on BRT.
- Act as an interface between Medical Experts/HCPs and BRT to
provide up-to-date support on device-related issues to educate,
diagnose, resolve and where applicable, escalate to global Medical
- Be able to travel approximately 80% of the time; overnight or
weekend travel, especially for operating room duties will be
expected. Non-traditional hours, especially during surgeries, are
anticipated. Education and Skills Requirements:
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree needed (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD,
MSN, NP, PA etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience (surgical and/or
clinical setting or industry experience)
- Previous industry based Surgical/MSL experience is
- Neurology therapeutic area experience (either in industry or
another related setting) is preferred
- Be proficient in GCP (Good Clinical Practice), Adverse Event
reporting and ICH (International Conference on Harmonization of
Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for
- Experience in understanding the design and execution of
- Experience in creating and delivering scientific presentations,
basic experience in medical writing and a general knowledge of
- Maintain all necessary certifications and hospital vendor
credentialing including, but not limited to:
- HIPAA Certification
- Blood Borne pathogen
- Infection Control and Aseptic Technique
- Fire Safety
- Individual Institutional Requirements
- Able to interact professionally and effectively with customers,
physicians, nurses and other medical staff
- Able to work independently from a remote environment
- Excellent attention to detail, possessing good organizational
and time management skills
- Computer skills necessary to generate reports, presentations,
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; proven
abilities to manage multiple, often complex and sometimes competing
objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient
- Learning mindset, open to training and becoming an expert
across customer types or multiple therapeutic areas #LI-AL1
BlueRock Therapeutics Company Culture Highlights Winner of Boston
Business Journal's Best Places to Work (Mid-size Company) 2023
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company for Diversity 2022
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company for Women 2022 Winner
of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2022 BlueRock Therapeutics is
ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on
Comparably. Engineering Department is ranked in the top 5% of
companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably:
us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bluerocktx/
Equal Opportunity Workplace:At BlueRock, we welcome and support
differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require
disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by
human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we
can work with you to meet your needs.
Keywords: BlueRock Therapeutics, Cambridge , Surgical Science Liaison - Ophthalmology, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!