Director, Global Market Access Lead, GI/Immunology
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company
that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the
Global Market Access Lead, GI/Immunology.
You will sit in The Global Product & Launch Strategy (GPLS) group
is part of our Global Portfolio Division comprised of approximately
10,000 employees spanning over 70 countries. Our GPLS organization
is responsible for our global product strategy organization focused
on fueling the growth of Takeda through our inline portfolio
strategy and focus on the life cycle management as well as on
launching the future by focusing on our rich pipeline. Our goal is
to prepare to commercialize our unprecedented pipeline that
includes best-in-class or in first-class therapies, many of which
have complex or under-developed markets or therapy areas.
You will report to Head of Global Access, GI/Immunology.
How you will contribute:
- Deliver Market Access strategy for important brands to ensure
successful pricing negotiations and reimbursement in
- Provide a single contact for all market access needs and
activities for assigned products within Therapeutic Area
- Provide early input into clinical development programs for
pipeline products to ensure the right evidence is collected to
support reimbursement and pricing negotiations.
- Understand the access and payer evidence needs and propose
strategic, implementable solutions to support reimbursement,
sustainable value and patient access
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in related field
(e.g., MBA, MPH, MPA, or PharmD) preferred
- 10+ years pharmaceutical/biotech experience, minimum 5 years of
market access experience with expertise in developing market access
strategies at a global and local level including pricing,
reimbursement and access. Immunology experience.
- Experience with global markets and payer environment, (e.g.
HTAs, payer coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting,
formulary management, health technology assessment and payment
policy). Direct experience in payer negotiations desirable.
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to develop relationships
and appropriately influence all partners, ideally from local
experience influencing and leading access and pricing negotiations
in relevant geographic markets.
- Excellence in strategic thinking, problems solving, analytical
ability and cross-functional collaboration at global, regional and
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and
influencing skills while addressing the needs of multiple
- Ability to make clear business arguments and strategic
recommendations leveraging both quantitative and qualitative
evidence, and make decisions with limited information.
- Proven ability to influence without authority, work with
- Project management skills and ability to deliver.
- Collaborative spirit, able to build consensus, work with
cross-functional teams and lead in a matrix organization
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 20% to professional
meetings, conferences, and client sites - limited overnight. This
will be mainly US; however, some international travel may be
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are
Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - MA - Cambridge - Binney St
Keywords: Takeda, Cambridge , Director, Global Market Access Lead, GI/Immunology, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!