Patient Care Associate - 40 -hour Day Shift EOW - Oncology
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description - Patient Care Associate - 40 -hour Day Shift
EOW - Oncology (3228625) Patient Care Associate - 40 -hour Day
Shift EOW - Oncology - ( 3228625 ) 750.00 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT Summary Provide direct patient care
under the direction and supervision of a licensed Nurse. Key
- Patient care plan is carried out as directed.
- Patient physical care is provided such as bed bath, toileting,
grooming, changing bed linen, etc. per established guidelines.
- Patient general care is provided such as positioning, lifting
and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per
- Patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood
glucose are performed per established guidelines.
- Patients are prepared for meals, assisting when appropriate to
meet patients' need.
- Patient rounds are performed regularly and call lights are
answered promptly to meet patients' needs.
- Patient care is documented in a timely manner adhering to
- Patient room clutter is organized to make best use of space and
- Specimens are obtained and labeled consistent with established
- Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants
to meet performance expectations.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld. -
Qualifications and Experience Education/Degree Required
- Graduate of CNA training program required for Skilled Nursing
Facilities and preferred for other PCC entities. Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant
preferred. Licensure Required Preferred Skills (Specific learned
activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills,
keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.) Required
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills
using the English language. -
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs.
(evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel). Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills,
working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies
for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
- Attention to detail. SRN is committed to diversity in the
workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH
takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment
opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race,
religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran
status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent
with any applicable ordinance or law. - Primary Location
MA-Cambridge-SHC Spaulding Hospital Cambridge Work Locations SHC
Spaulding Hospital Cambridge 1575 Cambridge Street Cambridge 02138
Job Nursing Assistant Organization Spaulding Hospital-Boston &
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cambridge , Patient Care Associate - 40 -hour Day Shift EOW - Oncology, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...