Scientific Director, Pathologist
Posted on: September 25, 2022
About This Role
We are looking for an experienced toxicologic pathologist to join
our dynamic Comparative Pathology Group. Comparative Pathology is
part of the Preclinical Safety Department which is comprised of
pathologists, discovery and development toxicologists, and study
management professionals and provides the global nonclinical safety
assessment of novel biotherapeutics across all therapeutic areas
from its location at Biogen's Cambridge, MA or Durham, NC
What You'll Do
- Serve as the Comparative Pathology representative for Discovery
and/or Development programs and as primary pathologist for internal
non-GLP studies and as peer review pathologist for non-GLP and GLP
compliant toxicity studies performed at CROs.
- Provide a pathology perspective to discovery and development
program teams as to the potential relevance of findings arising
from nonclinical safety studies.
- Participate in or lead initiatives inside or outside of the
department and may serve as a Preclinical Safety representative for
- Write and contribute to scientific reports and manuscripts,
regulatory documents, and position papers.
- Actively contribute to creative approaches and solutions to
achieve program and company objectives.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all Preclinical
Safety scientists (Toxicologists, Study Managers, Pathologists) and
scientists in other functions (e.g., Research, DMPK, Medicinal
Chemistry, Clinical Safety, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical
Development, Regulatory Affairs).
Who You Are:
You have served as a program pathologist and lead the planning,
conduct, interpretation, and communication of pathology aspects of
nonclinical safety studies to enable the progress of programs to
decision points. You have the ability to act with integrity, be
action-oriented, be flexible in your approaches, and effectively
prioritize your work.
- DACVP or equivalent
- 11+ years toxicologic pathology experience in biopharmaceutical
- Knowledge in the field of toxicologic pathology and a
- Experience as a project pathologist in support of discovery-
and/or development-stage programs
- PhD or MS in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience in formulating and implementing investigative
This position offers the opportunity to interact with high quality,
motivated scientists across disciplines within the Biogen R&D
organization and external partners.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is
a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what
connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and
to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an
impact on our patients' lives and on changing the course of
medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Biogen, Cambridge , Scientific Director, Pathologist, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!