Quality Control Analyst - Cell Therapies
Company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DescriptionKey responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Control (QC) testing of Cell Therapy
in-process, release and stability samples. Typical test methods
performed include flow cytometry, qPCR (MycoTOOL), ELISA, cell
counts, sterility (BACT), gram stain and endotoxin (LAL)
- Writes edits and approves Deviations and CAPAs as required.
Responsible for initiating Change Controls and completing necessary
- May initiate Out of Specification (OOS) and deviation
investigations as needed to address non-conformances in the
- Assists in tracking and trending of QC data.
- Performs technical reviews of raw data.
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate
- Performs general lab and equipment maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as assignedKey requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Sciences
- 3+ years experience
- Performs tasks with strict adherence to cGMP and cGDP
- Has an understanding of basic laboratory equipment and
- Is proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Have ability to problem solve by selecting appropriate
alternative from defined options.
- Is dependable and able to work well within a team.
- Is interested in learning new things. Open to change.
- Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during
periods of adversity.
- Shows initiative; acts independently with management
- Possesses a high attention to detail#LI-JS1Company
InformationVertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in
scientific innovation.Vertex is committed to equal employment
opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified
applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry,
ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under
applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United
States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable
law.Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all
employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at
Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or
exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to
keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This
requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at
any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another
location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits,
etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an
accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to
perform the essential functions of the position for which the
applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or
hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at
Keywords: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge , Quality Control Analyst - Cell Therapies, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!