Registered Nurse RN Training Program Ortho Trauma PCU
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Registered Nurse Training Program Ortho Trauma PCU AdventHealth
OrlandoAll the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder ProgramOur promise to you:Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.Schedule: Full TimeShift: Day and Night
shifts availableLocation: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803The
Community You'll Be Caring For:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the
Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each yearUnit Description:
- 52-bed unit. In January 2018, we expanded by opening this
brand-new state-of-the-art unit.
- 80% of our patient population are trauma patients. Our traumas
involve the bone, tendon, nerve, or muscle.
- 20% of our patient population are electives. These patients are
seeking a new outlook on life with a new knee, hip, or shoulder
joint or a limb lengthening procedure.The role you'll
contribute:The Registered Nurse entering a training program is
responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total
nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups.
Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program
will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all
principal duties and responsibilities during the training program
with eventual transition to independent practice after successful
training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate
Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable
local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively
participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to allThe value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic
medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs
appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and
assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with
standards of care, departmental policy, and practice guidelines.
Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Relocation
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.Qualifications
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:Minimum
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
- EKGEducation and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
- Professional certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Cambridge , Registered Nurse RN Training Program Ortho Trauma PCU, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!