Principal Scientist, Immuno-Oncology, Lab Head
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Position Overview:Sanofi Immuno-Oncology Therapeutic Area is
seeking an outstanding scientist with background in immunology,
especially in regulatory T (Treg) cell biology and experience in
drug development as a Principal Scientist. This individual will be
spearheading efforts to develop multi-specific biologics to target
Treg cells in the tumor microenvironment. This position is based in
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. The successful candidate will
support ongoing early research programs as well as developing new
projects, contributing to the growth of the Sanofi pipeline.Key
- Responsible for applying scientific expertise to initiate and
develop new projects.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas, including
Precision Oncology, In Vivo Pharmacology and Translational Sciences
for target discovery and validation.
- Lead cross-functional research teams, ensuring timely
progression of the projects from early concepts to FIH.
- Keep abreast of the latest in basic immunological research,
immune-oncology clinical development and competitive
- Manage direct reports in a professional manner, provide
effective mentorship and lead by example. Basic Qualifications :
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology or related discipline plus
a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-graduate research experience
in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting.
- Expert knowledge of tumor immunology.
- Solid track record of independent research accomplishments in
Immuno-Oncology or related discipline, as evidenced by publications
in peer-reviewed journals.
- Research experience in human Treg cells is strongly
- Prior experience in Immuno-Oncology antibody-based drug
development is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in cell isolation and phenotyping of murine
and human immune populations (e.g. cell sorting, flow cytometry)
and functional assessment of immune subsets in standard
immunological assays and techniques (e.g. CTL assay, cell
proliferation, apoptosis, cytokine/chemokine measurement).
- Possess knowledge of various murine tumor models and technical
expertise in tumor analysis.
- A familiarity with next generation sequencing approaches for
immune phenotyping and ability to collaborate with
genomics/bioinformatics group in study design and data
- The ability to effectively communicate and lead others.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work
independently.Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a
culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed;
religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital,
domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender
identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation;
disability; veteran or military status or liability for military
status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood
trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to
genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.At
Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate
and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the
richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a
workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to
empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We
respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their
backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for
Keywords: Sanofi, Cambridge , Principal Scientist, Immuno-Oncology, Lab Head, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!