Company: Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At Ultragenyx, we fundamentally believe that taking real
impactful action to care for the needs of patients and our people
is always the right thing to do.--To achieve this goal, our vision
is to lead the future of rare disease medicine. For us, this means
going where other biopharma companies won't go - challenging the
status quo and creating a new model that advances our field so more
patients and caregivers can benefit from life-changing treatments.
We do this by following the science, applying a novel rapid
development approach, making innovative medicines at fair and
reasonable prices, and creating a collaborative ecosystem to reach
patients in ways that are most meaningful for them.-- Our
commitment and care for patients extends to our people, so culture
is an essential cornerstone for Ultragenyx. We remain continuously
focused on creating a supportive and inclusive environment of
profound learning and growth - so employees can thrive in all areas
of their lives, in and outside of work. -- Ultimately, we want to
be an organization where we would be proud for our family, friends
and children to work. If you want to have a meaningful impact, do
the best work of your career, and grow a lot, both professionally
and -- personally, come join our team.-- During the COVID-19
Outbreak,--we are committed to our hiring process. The health and
safety of our employees and prospective employees take priority
which means at this time our approach--will include--video
discussions, interviews, and--onboarding. Position Summary
ultraimpact - Make a difference for those who need it most
Ultragenyx is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Laboratory
Supervisor to support our expanding Research site in Cambridge. In
this role the candidate will use their exceptional organizational
skills to support all research activities and will assume a large
variety of operational tasks. It is preferred that the ideal
candidate has experience in the following areas: purchasing and
vendor management, maintaining an adequate inventory of research
consumables, maintaining general Lab equipment like BSCs and cold
storage and record keeping of all laboratory instruments using
asset management software. Responsibilities:
- Under the Direction of Associate Director of Lab Ops, manage
the Research and non-Vector team laboratories consisting of 50
- Manage routine laboratory operations and assist scientists with
day to day needs.
- Supervise site inventory specialists and laboratory
technicians, providing training as needed. Coach, mentor, and give
feedback to direct reports. Perform annual performance reviews and
routine performance evaluations.
- Experience in vendor management including negotiations,
backorders, replenishment, and open POs.--
- Work closely with the equipment reliability team and scientists
on equipment management and training.
- Onboard new lab hires and provide lab tours.
- Assist the Lab Ops team and scientists with the coordination of
lab moves in support of the company's continuous growth.
- Manage equipment alarm response and report auditing.
- Work across the organization as the liaison between IT,
finance, and the scientists for site level projects.
- Maintain certifications for site equipment such as BSCs, cold
storage units and pipettes.
- Assist with waste management protocols and vendor
- Lab coat and PPE management. Requirements:
- BS in a scientific field with 2 years of Lab Ops industry
experience or an associate degree with 5 years of industry
- Experience troubleshooting of basic laboratory instrumentation
like freezers and fridges.
- Knowledge of Inventory Management System like Stockboss is a
- Knowledge of Oracle workflows for laboratory operations. CMMS-
RAM knowledge is a plus.
- Aseptic technique knowledge and how to work in a BSL2 lab.
- Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with third-party
management of software and IT infrastructure
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, time-management
and organizational skills along with the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to collaborate with cross-departmental teams to
improve scientific operational efficiencies and logistics, and to
support business needs and scientific teams. People Management
- Clarify Direction & Priorities: Set clear direction for your
direct reports aligned with functional and corporate goals.
Reprioritize work, as needed. Enable others to do their job well by
communicating information and making decisions in a clear, timely
- Partner & Collaborate Effectively: Listen to and value others'
thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within
and outside your team. Achieve results with and through
- Support Learning & Growth: Demonstrate self-awareness,
humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide
regular coaching and feedback that will inspire growth and
improvement in others. Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal
opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability,
marital and veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be
provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for
qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as
required by applicable law. If you have any difficulty using our
online application system and need an accommodation due to a
disability, you may contact--Talent Acquisition--by calling:--(415)
483-8800--or by--emailing--us email@example.com
. For electronic email and mail inquiries, please include a
description of your requested accommodation, your name and contact
information. Note to External Recruiters: All candidate activity
and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources
Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that
recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an
attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note
that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in
determining a professional relationship with our organization.
Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in
place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting
agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on
developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed
Keywords: Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Cambridge , Laboratory Supervisor, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!