Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Mount Auburn Hospital
Posted on: November 17, 2020
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
1. Evaluates referred patients accurately using appropriate tests,
measurements, and history. Coordinates modified barium swallow
studies with the Radiology Department as needed.
2. Develops comprehensive treatment plans in conjunction with the
patient and/or family and physician which is based on the
evaluation results and includes the frequency and duration of
treatment, long- and short-term goals, and expected functional
3. Administers appropriate therapeutic techniques accurately and
continuously monitors the patient's response to treatment,
modifying the program as needed.
4. Assumes responsibility for orientation, training, and
supervision of affiliating students and volunteers participating in
patient care or departmental projects.
5. Documents patient care accurately and in a timely way in the
medical record and as needed to facilitate continued care or
6. Confers with the patient and/or family, referring physician,
staff, vendors, or other facilities to facilitate or coordinate
care, obtain patient equipment, or assist with discharge
7. Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and skills through
participation in continuing education programs, professional
organizations, and/or review of professional literature.
8. Participates in departmental meetings, projects, and ongoing
performance improvement activities.
9. Participates in inservices, rounds, orientations, and committees
within the hospital and/or the community to advance understanding
of Speech Therapy services and contribute to patient care.
1. Master's degree in speech/language pathology or communication
2. Current licensure to practice speech/language pathology from the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Two years work experience with adults with neurogenic speech,
language, and swallowing disorders.
4. Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills to effectively interact with patients and other healthcare
5. Strong organization and time management skills to independently
manage patient case load. 6. Ability to attend to detail more than
60% of the work time.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal
opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for
advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your
unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment
in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without
regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
Keywords: Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!