IT Partner Digital Health Technology and Data Science
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Job DescriptionAt Biogen, the Digital Health Technology team is
part of Biogen's cross functional IT organization that provides
scientists with cutting-edge computational informatics and
analytics tools and services. The team collaborates closely with
multiple business teams from R&D, PO&T and Medical on
points of common interest. The team has technical depth, agility
and great motivation to enable solving scientifically demanding
The IT Partner/Senior IT Partner is an experienced, motivated
individual who will serve as a strategic IT liaison to the business
teams, focused on building strong partnerships and delivering
strategic and meaningful IT solutions.
The IT Partner/Senior IT Partner will partner with the business to
understand their key processes around research, especially those
related to importing and generating petabyte scale data, building
the next generation of Biogen R&D's high performance computing
and data resources for applications in areas of genetics and
genomics, cheminformatics, proteomics, image analysis, devices,
wearables and related sources of data, data processing pipelines
for target identification, validation, drug discovery, and patient
stratification. This lead technical IT Partner will work with a
team of Neuroscientists to evaluate and select relevant, cutting
The individual in this role must be focused on business outcomes
and will be accountable for project success from initial project
business case justification through deployment and
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership for appropriate stakeholder management of the
- Lead through influence and partnership at all levels of the
organization. Establish and maintain strong relationships to
navigate within a matrixed organization.
- Contribute and assist in defining and maintaining the business
capability-based IT roadmap for the IT strategy.
- Be a trusted proxy in communicating the technology strategy for
IT applications and IT operations to the business stakeholders
- Utilizing broad business and IT knowledge and expertise in
digital health devices to proactively research strategic
technological solutions to collect real world evidence and/or
clinical trial data from neurodegenerative disease
- Develop business cases and define projects that will deliver on
the future roadmap and understand Research and Development needs
and provide solutions to help determine optimal technology to
deploy in clinical trials and/or at hospitals and research
- Lead and drive successful execution on all aspects of
technology projects, including developing scalable and robust
digital solutions, analyzing requirements and systems architecture
to make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Provide oversight (including financial budgets, IT vendor
resources) to ensure delivery of agreed upon portfolio of projects
Manage multiple vendors to deliver successful outcomes. Collaborate
with cross-functional project teams comprising functional,
technical, regulatory and quality assurance for digital device
- Serve as escalation and coordination point of contact for major
issues impacting DQM critical business operations.
- Good understanding of the Medical Device development process,
knowledge of IEC 62304, Medical Device Software - Software Life
Cycle processes, including Design Controls, and Quality Systems
- Good understanding of the contemporary software engineering
landscape, including distributed architecture, Agile methods, and
- Experience in neurological disease areas is desirable.
- Demonstrable Business Analyst experience.
- Project management and leadership experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills
and ability to communicate highly technical work to a diverse
- Experience with data management, setting up cloud
infrastructure for data collection is preferred.
- Strong forecasting and budgeting experience.
- 10+ years IT/Industry Experience.
- Life sciences industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
related field required.
Additional InformationBiogen has one of the most exciting pipelines
in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. Drug discovery continues
to be transformed by powerful computational sciences and
technologies that translate measurements into actionable knowledge
about disease, patients and therapeutics. At Biogen, the Digital
Health Technology team is part of Biogen's cross functional IT
organization that provides scientists with cutting-edge
computational informatics and analytics tools and services.
Keywords: Biogen, Cambridge , IT Partner Digital Health Technology and Data Science, Healthcare , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!