Director of Cost Accounting - Biotech
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a pioneering
biotech company to identify a Director of Cost Accounting to join
their growing global team. This is a newly created position focused
on the build out of the inventory/cost accounting function. This
position is remote.
Highlights of the Director of Cost Accounting opportunity:
- The Company: Founded over 10 years ago, our client is a
publicly traded global biotech that focuses on developing
life-changing therapies for patients with neurodegenerative
diseases (i.e. ALS, Alzheimer's).
- The Growth: The company launched their first commercial therapy
in the fall of 2022; have 3 therapies in various stages of Phase 2
clinical trial; and have 2 additional therapies in the preclinical
- The Position: The Director of Inventory & Cost Accounting will
be the subject matter expert in the organization for global cost of
sales and inventory accounting including related processes,
policies, controls, and documentation.
- The Opportunity: This is a great opportunity to get in at the
early stages of the commercial launch. This highly impactful role
will build out the cost accounting function from processes to
Reporting to the Controller, the Director of Cost Accounting's
responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the company's expert in standard cost and inventory
- Oversee global inventory and cost accounting, including
standard cost development and month-end closing
- Analyze and address purchase price and production
- Lead cost of goods sold budgeting and forecasting in
collaboration with FP&A and Supply Chain teams.
- Implement standardized processes and best practices for
efficient inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze actual results and variances for inventory
and cost of goods sold.
- Collaborate with finance and Supply Chain teams to improve
reporting and automation.
- Manage external audit deliverables and ensure compliance with
Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory counts globally.
- Maintain documentation for financial statements.
- Work with IT team on system improvements.
- Undertake special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA/MBA Preferred
- 7+ years of cost accounting experience and a strong
understanding of US GAAP
- Previous oversight of inventory month-end closing procedures in
a publicly traded company including financial statement flux
analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- FloQast/Blackline experience preferred
- Experience working in a multi-currency, multi-country
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience in a commercial
company highly preferred.
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Cambridge , Director of Cost Accounting - Biotech, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!