Company: Pickle Robot Company
Posted on: November 17, 2023
About Pickle RobotDo you want to get in on the ground floor of a
fast-growing VC-backed robotic automation company that's helping to
fuel the rapid rise in eCommerce? Join Pickle Robot! We're a
diverse team building robots that pick (get it?), sort, and stack
boxes.As Pickle's HR Manager, you will be responsible for aligning
business objectives with employees and management to help us scale
effectively through our next phase. This role may also be called an
HR Business Partner and will need to maintain an effective level of
literacy pertaining to hardware, robotics, the company's financial
position, its midrange plans, culture and competition. We view this
position as one that builds partnerships across the company to
deliver value-added service to management and employees that
reflects the business objectives of the organization. You should
have experience building and implementing programs and processes
(e.g., HRIS, Performance Management, ticketing system, employee
relations) as well as advanced functional knowledge around benefit
selection, compensation structure, and employee engagement. This
position has no direct supervisory responsibilities today but will
be looked to as a coach and mentor for other positions within the
organization. There is a potential for team growth in the areas of
HR operations and recruiting/coordination, which you may supervise
in the future.Responsibilities
- Be a critical, embedded partner to the business who
demonstrates significant value in shaping performance and
- Implement strategy and plans related to organization structure,
optimal utilization, redeployment, and best allocation of Pickle's
- Leverage the HR function to drive high performance in the
robotics area, in line with global business performance standards,
KPIs, and targets.
- Represent HR in the wider business, establishing strong
relationships with leaders by proactively aiding and guidance in HR
- Ensures that people and organizational capabilities required in
the medium to long term are clear and capable of being
- Interprets HR analytics data to understand key organizational
dynamics, trends, and issues, and utilizes findings to specify and
carry the relevant actions.
- Conducts efficient and well run regular meetings with
respective business units.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to
develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations with
appropriate levels of confidentiality and trust.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation, liaising with
Pickle's counsel as needed
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual
executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs
to ensure success, and follows up to ensure training objectives are
- Performs other related duties as assigned - we are a startup
and will likely ask you to pitch in sometimes on non-HR
tasks.Required Skills & Abilities
- High EQ and enjoys working with people, especially in an
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Willingness to ask for help, when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate
sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
and policies, in concert with Pickle's counsel, when needed.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization's organization, jobs, qualifications, compensation
practices, and the administrative practices related to those
- Proficient with Google Software, Microsoft Office Suite, or
related software.Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as HR Business Partner or
similar role resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Experience in workforce planning, compensation and performance
management, succession planning, HR leadership.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee and union relations, diversity, performance management,
federal and state respective employment laws, and knowledge of
where to look for additional information.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written
and spoken communication skills.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or interest and ability to
obtain certification within one year of employment.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or a combination of
work experience and training.There's a lot to this role but it is a
unique opportunity to join a rapidly scaling company at an early,
and critical, inflection point.
Keywords: Pickle Robot Company, Cambridge , HR Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!