Inventory/Cost Accounting Manager - Biotech
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a pioneering
biotech company to identify a Inventory/Cost Accounting Manager to
join their growing global team. This is a newly created position
focused on the build out of the inventory/cost accounting function.
This position is remote but will only consider candidates who live
on the East Coast.
Highlights of the Inventory/Cost Accounting Manager
- The Company: Founded over 10 years ago, our client is a
publicly traded global biotech that focuses on developing
life-changing therapies for patients with neurodegenerative
diseases (i.e. ALS, Alzheimer's).
- The Growth: The company launched their first commercial therapy
in the fall of 2022; have 3 therapies in various stages of Phase 2
clinical trial; and have 2 additional therapies in the preclinical
- The Position: The Manager of Inventory & Cost Accounting will
be the subject matter expert in the organization for global cost of
sales and inventory accounting including related processes,
policies, controls, and documentation.
- The Opportunity: This is a great opportunity to get in at the
early stages of the commercial launch. This highly impactful role
will build out the cost accounting function from processes to
- The Compensation: Base + Bonus + RSUs + Options
Reporting to the Controller, the Inventory/Cost Accounting
Manager's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the company's expert in standard cost and inventory
- Oversee global inventory and cost accounting, including
standard cost development and month-end closing
- Analyze and address purchase price and production
- Lead cost of goods sold budgeting and forecasting in
collaboration with FP&A and Supply Chain teams.
- Implement standardized processes and best practices for
efficient inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze actual results and variances for inventory
and cost of goods sold.
- Collaborate with finance and Supply Chain teams to improve
reporting and automation.
- Manage external audit deliverables and ensure compliance with
Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory counts globally.
- Maintain documentation for financial statements.
- Work with IT team on system improvements.
- Undertake special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA/MBA Preferred
- 7+ years of cost accounting experience and a strong
understanding of US GAAP
- Previous oversight of inventory month-end closing procedures in
a publicly traded company including financial statement flux
analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- FloQast/Blackline experience preferred
- Experience working in a multi-currency, multi-country
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience in a commercial
company highly preferred.
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Cambridge , Inventory/Cost Accounting Manager - Biotech, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!