Posted on: January 21, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain
companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions
addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution
requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager
supervises analysts, project managers, and contractors to ensure
projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the
required specifications. Develops and delivers sourcing strategies
and annual savings plan for the business unit. Ensures
implementation of supplier and other sourcing changes.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Develops and implements purchasing and inventory control
procedures and sequence of operations within department to optimize
operations and in accordance with local and Global Purchasing
Procedures (GPPs) to best support Operations.
- Works with suppliers and buyers to review market, price,
delivery conditions and trends to determine present and future
material availability. Directs purchasing programs
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers/contractors in line with
company policy and procedures.
- Sets dollar authorization limits for local purchasing
- Oversees disposal of surplus material or scrap products
- Monitors purchase order claims and contract for conformance to
- Reviews inventory trends and discusses variations with
appropriate staff member and local purchasing staff.
- Engages suppliers when serious variations arise in delivery,
quality, price or conditions of sale. Involves corporate support
with suppliers as needed to best meet needs of plant
- Trains new staff members, provide daily supervision of local
staff and conduct performance appraisals.
- Oversees overall plant purchasing operations to insure an
ongoing supply of raw materials, services and indirect materials to
best support plant operations
- Implements systems and monitoring processes to prevent raw
material and indirect material outages while managing inventory to
meet plant objectives including but not limited to inventory
targets and monthly spending objectives.
- Develops and manages direct and indirect material projects to
achieve plant savings in support of business plan.
- Routinely provides forecast of purchase price savings (ppv) and
scrap sales revenue.
- Supports corporate requests for plant data as needed
- Manages supply base in manner to maintain TS 16949 (quality
standard) compliance and plant certification.
- Additional duties as assigned by plant manager and corporate
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a
violation of the Federal-Mogul Integrity Policy.
- All employees will abide by their location's EH&S policy
endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other
requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS,
work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and
conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. An
employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that
does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in business with major course work in
purchasing and or inventory control management. Masters in related
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years of buying experience in complex high volume
- Experience as a supervisor in same or similar function is
- Excellent computer skills required.
- SAP or PLEX experience preferred.
- Professional ethics, tact and courtesy in dealing with vendors
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Cambridge , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!