Manager, Continuous Improvement
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link BWXT Canada Ltd. -is a
world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and
service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of
innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater
to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying
highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete
within the complex nuclear power generation industry. JOB PURPOSE
This position manages continuous improvement projects within the
BWXT Quality program, oversees -corrective actions (CARs), and
audits (ASME, ISO etc.). The manager ensures approved supplier
programs meet all regulatory and customer requirements. In
addition, the position manages the Human -Performance (HU) program
for Components through recognition, identification and analysis of
spots, education on the value of human performance improvements,
developing and implementing -training and change readiness programs
as well as conducting evaluations to ensure their effectiveness.
JOB STRUCTURE AND COMMUNICATIONS
- This job reports to the Quality Programs Manager and manages a
small team of Quality Engineers.
- The position interacts with all interested parties internal and
external required to resolve issues and implement
- This position reports and resolves quality issues with external
- Maintains BWXT's Certifications for Supplying Items and
Services to the Nuclear Industry.
- Schedules and leads audits by regulatory bodies, including
ASME, TSSA and ISO. Function Efficiency
- Monitors and improves the function of the Quality Assurance
department, which includes Quality -Engineers, Source Assurance,
Quality Records and Document Control.
- Reports out Effectiveness of Quality.
- Monitors and maintains quality metrics.
- Reports out monthly the quality metrics and all improvements or
concerns to the quality teams. Human Performance
- Leads the implementation, maintains and continuously improves
the Human Performance program for -Components.
- Implements HU strategy and communication's plan.
- Enhances core competencies by coaching, mentoring and
delivering targeted training to managers, -team leaders, process
owners, and employees in the use of HU methodology and tools.
- Supports the development of employee involvement
infrastructures necessary to capitalize on and -motivate all
employee discretionary effort.
- Challenges each business function/group to continually evaluate
their business performance and -recommends HU initiatives.
- Assembles teams representing appropriate business unit mix to
review work situations for HU -improvements.
- Publishes the metrics at regular intervals and conducts
meetings with the Senior Leadership Team to -review progress
- Engages with occasional HU/Safety/OpEx focus groups and
committee work. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE Key Characteristics
- Skilled facilitator with strong program design skills.
- Strong technical background in on-site manufacturing, safety,
Human Performance concepts, -and continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to
communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work on your own for long periods when developing
process improvements, but also -able to work effectively in a small
team when required.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and to complete assignments
accurately and on schedule.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Eligible for Bruce Power and OPG site access security
- Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering design and/or
- Experience in executing improvement initiatives through the use
of established methodologies.
- Experience in applying/interpreting industry technical and
- Basic understanding of the principles of graphic design.
- Experience of on-line presentation of documentation, including
use of an HTML editor -(knowledge of Confluence or similar).
- Experience in ASME Codes, CSA N299 and other quality standards
such as ISO.
- Nuclear Manufacturing experience. WHY JOIN BWXT?
- Work within the growing and exciting nuclear industry as well
as with highly skilled employees!
- Profit sharing plan
- Competitive Health and Dental benefits
- Educational Refund Program
- Life insurance--- and so much more! Want to work in an
inclusive and collaborative environment? Come join us--- we've been
waiting for you. We thank you for your interest, however, only
those candidates under consideration will be contacted. BWXT Canada
is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive
environment where all employees are able to access goods while
being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during
the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as
possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require
information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact
Human Resources. BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought,
values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides
equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and
applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin,
colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences,
marital status, family status or disability, or any other category
protected by provincial law.
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Graphic Design, Document
Control, Security Clearance, Engineering, Energy, Administrative,
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Cambridge , Manager, Continuous Improvement, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!