Manager, Shop Operations
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link BWXT Canada Ltd. is a
world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and
service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of
innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater
to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying
highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete
within the complex nuclear power generation industry. We are
recruiting for a Manager, Shop Operations for our facility in
Cambridge, Ontario. JOB PURPOSE: Manage Shop Operations of the BWXT
Canada Ltd. manufacturing facility (Cambridge). -To maximize BWXT
profits through the controlled investment in people, materials and
equipment while ensuring commitments to safety, customer schedule
and quality standards. This position reports to the VP, Components
and has direct leadership of Shop Operations with the following
direct reports: Focused Shop Managers, Shop Scheduler and
Manufacturing Technical Specialist. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promote a safety culture that puts safety above all other
- Ensure compliance to customer and BWXT quality standards in all
- Oversee and support department Managers in daily shop
operations. This includes four Focus Shops along with Maintenance,
Training and Health & Safety.
- Direct the fabrication of BWXT products, ensuring the
manufacturing processes, systems, and finished products are
consistent with respective code requirements and customer
- Direct the development and preparation of fabrication schedules
for manufactured products to ensure effective production
- Provide leadership and coaching to the manufacturing management
team, demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement and
- Work with department leaders to ensure manufacturing processes,
systems and finished products are in line with quality, code and
- Make decisions or negotiate terms where there may be little
interest in cooperating or participating.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching
and support as needed.
- Responsible for achieving targeted milestones, according to
established objectives, and develop or maintain internal control
systems to ensure accountability.
- Manage project execution activities within manufacturing to
ensure cost effective outcomes.
- Review current production methods and costs and make
recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, update and maintain favourable cost center budgets.
Participation in quarterly budget reviews.
- Review load-boards and establish cost center workforce
- Achieve or surpass yearly established revenue commitments.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of product to
- Use established metrics to ensure performance targets are met
and work with leadership to create new measurements as needed.
- Direct proper implementation of new manufacturing techniques,
methods, systems, equipment and facilities to promote continuous
process improvement as well as cost reduction and quality
- Work within the requirement of the Collective Agreement and
BWXT policies, ensuring effective labour planning is completed to
meet production requirements and support labour and employee
- Develop strong relationships with customers and vendors as
- Ensure customer satisfaction, as well as create and develop
plans to improve.
- Continuously communicate and embody the company vision and
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or other technical area combined
with a broad business background or equivalent.
- 15 years experience in a unionized, heavy manufacturing, OEM
- Previous experience with nuclear power generation products is
- Excellent knowledge of, and commitment to, quality and safety
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills, with
experience in motivating large, diverse groups to success.
- Proven success as an effective problem solver and
- Excellent relationship building, communication and presentation
- Successful track record in planning, executing, and achieving
strategic growth plans.
- Ability to collaborate, form strong relationships with team
members, and build comradery and cohesion in teams to ensure they
are working toward common goals.
- Successful track record leading positive cultural change and
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on clear directions
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized, strong work
ethic and computer literate. We thank you for your interest,
however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and
inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods
and services while being respected and supported. If you require
accommodations during the application or interview process, please
advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be
made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to
you, please contact Human Resources. BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces
diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new
perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all
qualified employees and applicants without regard to race,
ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
age, record of offences, marital status, family status or
disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Facilities, Fabrication, Nuclear
Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Cambridge , Manager, Shop Operations, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!