Assistant Director of Donor Re
Company: Harvard University
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, this full-time,
exempt position is responsible for managing a portfolio of
stewardship reports for gifts ranging from $25,000 to $100,000, for
managing team-wide editorial and production work, and for
high-level project management of the team's stewardship reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of narrative stewardship reports to HMS
donors across gift levels, working in strategic collaboration with
principal and major gift officers. Researches, writes, and produces
narrative reports that reflect gift impact in compelling and
creative ways and aim to strengthen the donor's engagement with
- Develops and maintains critical relationships with faculty
leaders, including deans, department chairs and named professors,
as well as key administrators and other stakeholders across the
School for the purposes of drafting and editing personalized
stewardship reports and other communications to HMS donors.
- Works with the Associate Director of Donor Relations on the
creative development and execution of digital stewardship projects
and other stewardship strategies.
- Provides editorial and production support for all of Donor
Relations' stewardship reporting, including copyediting,
proofreading, and formatting of reports within the appropriate
templates. Develops expertise on all of Donor Relations'
stewardship report templates, working in collaboration with
designers on the Development Communications team.
- Leads the team's project management activities, overseeing a
complex schedule of stewardship reporting; tracks reporting
timelines, generates data reports, and advances other critical
activities to ensure that the reporting program is executed
according to plan. Incorporates the use of the Donor Relations
dedicated stewardship database as well as other project management
tools, as needed.
- Assists in the development of a robust student engagement
program; helps to organize activities and outreach that will raise
student awareness about volunteer opportunities with AAD at donor
events and other donor-related occasions.
- Serves as back-up on Donor Relations' responsibilities for the
- Additional writing and other projects, as assigned. Basic
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience in development,
donor relations, communications, or a related field.Additional
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively,
including setting priorities, developing timelines, and
coordinating multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Proven writing, editing, and research skills.
- Committed to building good relationships across a broad and
- Superior time management and organizational skills, keen
attention to detail, and commitment to excellence.
- Comfort writing in diverse and complex subject matter
- Superior judgment, tact, diplomacy, patience, and
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required. Familiarity with
Advance BSR and Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Additional
InformationThis position is based in Boston and some in-person
on-campus work will be required, and flexible/remote work is an
option. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which
Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME,
NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote
work options for this role will be discussed during the interview
process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19
vaccine boosters, as detailed in -Harvard's Vaccine & Booster
Requirements . -Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine
requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information
regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement,
exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at
the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage:
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of
interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12
paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical
plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting
after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance
program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard
Extension School, and discounted options through participating
Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as
well as additional options to assist employees in their daily
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little
or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition,
meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus
events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.The Harvard
Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this
position. Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and
BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an -inclusive workplace
culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds,
styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the
capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard
Medical School Mission and Community Values EEO StatementWe are an
equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected
Keywords: Harvard University, Cambridge , Assistant Director of Donor Re, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!