Program Manager - Bio-Processing
Company: Draper Labs
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Program Manager - Bio-Processing
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development
company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of
Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of
delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense
and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend
on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of
engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that
inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true
innovation. For more information about Draper, visit
www.draper.com. Our work is very important to us, but so is our
life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve
work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs
ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off
site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural
activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work
at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you,
apply now www.draper.com/careers. Equal Employment
OpportunityDraper is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a
high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request
reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Draper's Commercial Bio office delivers first-of-a-kind solutions
to advance patient access to life-saving medicines. We are
developing novel technologies at the interface between biology,
chemistry, and engineering, with a particular emphasis on advances
in the manufacture of cell and gene therapies. We are seeking an
experienced Program Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment, delivering advanced technical solutions in support of
biomedical needs. Responsibilities include deep expertise in
execution of full lifecycle projects as well as identifying,
capturing, and growing new business, managing customer engagement
and leading transition of Draper's innovative solutions for
commercial sponsors and government funding (NIH, NSF, etc).
Description of Primary Responsibilities: Program Execution:
- Lead engineering teams on ideation and
development of mission-focused solutions with experience in
agile-based management methods as well as traditional
waterfall-style methods. Manage a portfolio of Commercial programs,
meeting technical, cost, and schedule objectives and ensure that
the teams are suitably resourced to execute effectively. Coordinate
with internal support organizations to ensure that programs are
fully compliant with Draper requirements.
- Lead proposal efforts, including the development of work
statements, schedules, budgets, and compelling technical approaches
as well as IP capture.
- Communicate status and challenges of laboratory operations to
management and key stakeholders
- Build and maintain a positive, collaborative and supportive
workplace culture. Business Development and Marketing:
- Provide insight/guidance to management team on current trends
in the field cell therapy - methods, technologies, capabilities,
manufacturing, market needs and competitive landscape.
- Contribute to identifying, developing and managing strategic
relationships with business partners/customer.
- Represent the company and its science at industry
meetings/conferences, serving as an ambassador in the scientific
community to support Draper's mission and reputation.
- Keeping current in the state of the field through reading of
scientific journals, attending training courses and conferences,
and participating in publication and research activities.
- MS or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, or similar field, with a
minimum of 3 years of experience in project or program
- Significant experience writing proposals, making budgets,
- Strong intellectual curiosity for exploring new
- Ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple
sources, then make decisions to efficiently develop & execute a
- Proven people leadership skills that motivate individuals and
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team skills, supporting
and communicating across departments (Engineering Management,
Project Management, Legal, Contracts, etc.) to meet business
- Excellent computer, written/ verbal communication,
organization, presentation, analytical, critical reasoning,
editing, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating
- Experience in program/project management of R&D technology
- Experience in developing risk management plans, budgets, and
schedules, and delivering presentations/reviews
- Willingness to attain a US security clearance Preferred:
- Knowledge of best practices and standards to drive process
improvements in the derivation of cell and/or gene therapies,
clinical manufacturing systems, and/or bioreactor development a
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (CMC, GMP and
Clinical) associated with development and production of cell
therapy products a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in Business Development
- Experience working in a matrixed environment. Security
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to
obtain and maintain a government security clearance. #LI MD1
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities,
you may submit your resume for future consideration.
Keywords: Draper Labs, Cambridge , Program Manager - Bio-Processing, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!