Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Description COMPANY OVERVIEW Journeys is a leader in the
teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50
states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and
merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear
and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that
cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the
Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it's an
extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive
content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising
strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style
reflect the customers' lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in
every way, an attitude you can wear! Journeys is always looking for
great people to join our team! For more information check out:
http://www.journeys.com/careers WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We're committed to our people - we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers - we promote from
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your
paycheck... Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your
individuality. JOB SUMMARY To recruit, hire, train and manage store
personnel to achieve store sales plan, control expenses, and to
protect company assets while pursing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire high caliber employees with in
- Train and develop a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
- Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
Learn more about what it's like to work at Journeys at
www.journeys.com/careers Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Prior management experience in retail environment
- 1-2 years retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.* *Age requirement for full
time employment may vary based on state. BENEFITS Check out the
following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
https://www.journeys.com/careers PRE-APPLICATION DISCLOSURES Equal
employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical condition, physical or mental disability of
otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic
information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered
domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or
expression, or any other factor that the law protects from
employment discrimination. All employment decisions are based on
business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or
employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job
should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615)367-7467.
Genesco's employment practices will continue to be directed toward
full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that
this approach to our human resources is not only legally and
morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business
Keywords: Journeys, Cambridge , Store Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!