Manager, Employee Relations
Company: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Alnylam (Nasdaq: ALNY) is delivering on a bold vision to turn
scientific possibility into reality, with a robust RNA interference
(RNAi) therapeutics platform. As the pioneer in RNAi and the
leading RNAi therapeutics company, we have always been
uncompromisingly dedicated to translating the breakthrough science
into transformational medicines to help as many people as possible.
Long focused on rare and genetic diseases, our scientific advances
are now allowing us to bring the power of RNAi therapeutics to more
prevalent diseases and as a result, we are beginning to recognize
the full potential of this new class of medicines.
Alnylam is committed to its journey to become a top 5 independent,
global biopharma company. We are already admired and recognized for
our dedication to patients, company culture that empowers people to
do their best work, track record of scientific innovation, social
responsibility, and commercial excellence.
Founded in 2002, and headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam has
over 1,650 employees at work across the globe. We are seeking
smart, passionate, "change the world" kind of people who are ready
to say, "challenge accepted" to our mission. Thanks to the
commitment of every employee globally, Alnylam is proud to have
been recognized as one of Fast Company's 2021 Best Workplaces for
Innovators, a Science Magazine Top Employer three years in a row
(2019-2021), a Boston Globe Top Places to Work seven years in a row
(2015-2021), a Great Place to Work in Asia, Japan, Brazil, the
U.K., Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, France and Switzerland,
Seramount's 100 Best Companies (formerly Working Mother 100 Best
Companies) and Best Companies for Dads, Bloomberg's Gender Equality
Index two years in a row (2021-2022), among others. At Alnylam, we
are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work
environment, culture, and workforce, and we support several
Employee Resource Networks.
The Manager Employee Relations role will be an essential member of
our newly created employee relations function for our global
biotechnology organization. Reporting to the Global Head of People
Relations, you will use your expertise to provide Employee
Relations guidance for a growing biotech organization supporting
all categories of the business. This includes providing Employee
Relations support for 2 manufacturing facilities, commercial and
medical field organizations across the globe, G&A, R&D,
clinical development, technical operations and quality, among
others. The position is an exciting opportunity to be a critical
member of an evolving and expanding Employee and Patient focused
organization in a growing global business.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* The Manager Employee Relations is responsible for researching and
addressing employee relations related issues across Alnylam, in
partnership with and under the direction of the Global Head of
* Provide guidance and advice to HR colleagues, and people managers
on a wide variety of employee relations issues, policies,
procedures and workplace investigations to create and sustain
positive employee relations.
* Lead workplace investigations in collaboration with HR, Legal and
Compliance as appropriate, making actionable recommendations.
* Provide guidance to HR colleagues and coaching to managers
regarding performance management, conduct concerns, leave of
absence requests and accommodation requests.
* Investigate US matters designated as HR focused, in collaboration
with HR, Legal and Compliance as appropriate.
* Identify, research and analyze specific employee relations
concerns, conduct interviews, review data, draft reports and make
appropriate recommendations to the business, Compliance and Legal
* Maintain confidentiality of cases and communications.
* Assist, as needed, with investigations led by Compliance and/or
* Maintain and continuously improve internal People Manager and HR
guides, working with Legal and Compliance as needed. This includes
guides regarding managing the separation process, outplacement, and
* Design the effective collection and analysis of Exit Interview
data, conducting exit interviews and follow up communications as
Data & Trends
* Responsible for our incident management system, ensuring all
people relations matters are appropriately recorded, documented and
addressed in a consistent and timely manner.
* Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting based on business
needs, highlighting key trends in employee relations to actively
drive proactive solutions to minimize reactive work and increase
* Create and conduct training for HR, stakeholders and managers in
support of employee relations / HR, and, in partnership with Legal
and Compliance, regarding important topics for managers to
understand (e.g., protected leaves, harassment and
* Manage projects related to Employee Relations training for HR and
people managers. This includes reviewing our current offerings in
this area, advising on gaps and additional materials and providing
overview on the approach, content and training delivery.
* In support of Legal and Compliance, and in collaboration with HR
Operations, assist in responding to requests for information from
internal clients and outside counsel, including assistance with
electronic discovery needs.
* Participate in and manage projects, as assigned.
* 5 years of experience in employee relations, labor law,
compliance or a similar field with in a dynamic business
characterized by different cultures, management styles, systems,
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field (such as HR) or an
employment law degree.
* Demonstrated knowledge of employment law.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills.
* Experience leading investigations of alleged improper
* Exceptional written and verbal communication.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Handles sensitive information with the utmost discretion and
* High level of EQ, compassion and the ability to remove
(unconscious) biases throughout the investigation.
* A high level of ethics and integrity mindset.
* Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to
detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
* Experience in designing and delivering successful training
* Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
and incident management systems (i.e., Convercent, Navex and other
similar incident management systems)
* Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion work
* If employed in the U.S., being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an
exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
Keywords: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Cambridge , Manager, Employee Relations, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!