Convention Services Manager
Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job Description Summary
Ensures the Conference Services department is in operational level
in regards to service procedures and Sonesta Hotel Standards.
Maintains close communication with the Director of Food & Beverage,
Banquet Department, Outlet Managers, Convention Services, Sales
Managers, and Executive Chef.
- Maintains relationships with past local individuals to promote
and establish social and convention business.
- Meets with potential clients in order to book definite catering
- Responsible for arranging all food & beverage details for
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation, and
service of food and beverage products of functions to ensure
highest quality at all times.
- Works with clients to prepare menus and floor plans and assists
them in other needs as flowers, photographers, and
- Monitor the performance of the events through verifications and
analysis of customer satisfaction systems.
- Reviews with all Managers any information of past, present and
- Coordinates functions and activities with other department
heads as appropriate.
- Implement a daily, weekly, and monthly checklist for the
catering department. Ensures follow up to attain maximum quality
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food
& beverage through trade literature and actual visits.
- Ensures that all BEO's and paperwork has been completed
- Assists the Director of Conference Management with budgets and
- Daily inspection of meeting rooms for physical
appearance/maintenance needs (burned out light bulbs, broken
furniture, aligned tables, flowers, plants, clean windows. Etc.
- Communicates the cleaning needs for the physical part of the
- Communicates all maintenance needs of all meeting rooms.
- Understands any requests from guests such as any frequent
function requests, specially prepared menus.
- Ensures proper billing to guest folios and master accounts.
Additional Job Description
- Adheres to all Royal Sonesta Boston Safety and Sanitation
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee
is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to
assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained
in this job description.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Cambridge , Convention Services Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!