Vice President Of Engineering
Company: Manta Product Development Inc.
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Vice President of Engineering
MANTA is an award-winning product design and engineering
consultancy in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We have over 25 years of
experience in user experience, product design, engineering, and
manufacturing services. We develop novel products for start-ups and
Fortune 500 companies in the medical device, robotics, biotech, and
consumer electronics markets.
MANTA's nimble team brings together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to solve product challenges. Our user-centered design
approach inspires technological innovation and gives clients a
competitive edge. With an entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional
client service, we create products that shape the future. Discover
more about our team and our work at MANTA by visiting
MANTA is hiring for a VP of Engineering to grow our company's
expertise in product engineering. This individual will be a
hands-on leader responsible for all aspects of product development.
Our projects range from technology assessments to end-to-end
product development programs, ensuring you'll never be bored.
At MANTA, we emphasize creative thinking, technical mastery, and
fostering exceptional client relationships. The ideal candidate
will enjoy tackling complex problems and finding inventive
solutions. They will have a track record of innovative
electro-mechanical development. They will have the interpersonal
skills to guide clients through product development. Finally, they
will also have the opportunity to shape the future of engineering
at MANTA. -Position Responsibilities:
- Think creatively and analytically to develop comprehensive
- Take the lead engineering role on multiple projects.
- Act as the main point of contact to answer MANTA clients
- Understand project requirements, prepare for development
challenges, and manage engineering resources.
- Ensure quality deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Collaborate with industrial designers and user experience
designers to integrate various stakeholder inputs.
- Manage documentation for regulatory compliance with MANTA's
quality system and industry standards.
- Adhere to disciplined design process using design controls,
rapid prototyping and design reviews.
- Interfacing with contract manufacturers for pilot production
- Personally execute mechanical design activities as required
(CAD, engineering analysis, documentation).
- Identify team bandwidth gaps and hire new engineers and
- Train and mentor engineers to build an inclusive, creative, and
- Set clear goals and metrics for engineers and deliver timely
- Partner with MANTA leadership to grow revenues and capabilities
according to strategic plans, -Position Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Advanced technical degree (Master's or PhD) in related field is
- 15+ years product development experience with significant work
in developing class II/II medical device or combination
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an engineering
- Recent experience in a senior engineering role with project
- Record of working through several concept-to-manufacturing
product development cycles.
- First-hand knowledge of compliance with ISO13485 and FDA
- Analytical skills including finite element analysis (FEA) and
computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- CAD Skills - surfacing and master model strategy in
- Electro-mechanical design experience - motors, actuators, drive
- Experience with major production processes, including plastic
and metal fabrication methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, customer service and
creative design solutions. -Benefits:
- Independence and autonomy in managing projects while
collaborating with our team.
- Opportunities to grow within the organization.
- Competitive and negotiable compensation.
- Health and dental plan, flexible spending account.
- 401k with company contribution.
- Year-end bonus based upon annual company and individual
Keywords: Manta Product Development Inc., Cambridge , Vice President Of Engineering, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!