Company: Cresa Boston
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About CresaCresa is the world's only global commercial real
estate advisory firm that exclusively represents occupiers and
specializes in the delivery of fully integrated real estate
solutions. Our purpose is to think beyond space, strengthening
those we serve and enhancing the quality of life for our clients.
Delivered across every industry, Cresa's services include
Transaction Management, Workplace Solutions, Project Management,
Consulting, Lease Administration, Technology, Investment Banking &
Capital Markets and Portfolio Solutions. Our Boston office is proud
to partner with companies across Greater Boston, New England, and
around the country.
Job OverviewWe're looking for a talented and passionate
senior-level interim Communications Director to be based at the
headquarters of our Life Sciences client located in Cambridge, MA.
The Communications Director will co-develop and execute a
communications strategy for the client's U.S. Region, largely
focused on Massachusetts, and provide leadership communications
support to the Head of the U.S. Region. The role will largely focus
on internal communications as well as employee engagement,
specifically the delivery of a future real estate and workplace
strategy over the next three years.
The Communications Director will also supervise a Communications
Specialist, who is responsible for managing and executing the
communications plan for the U.S. Region and day-to-day facilities
communications. With the support of the Communications Specialist,
the Communications Director will oversee the communications
strategy and planning for the U.S. Region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Internal Executive and
- -Under the leadership of the Head of the U.S. Region and as the
Communications partner to program leads of a U.S. real estate and
workplace strategy, develop, and execute the internal
communications strategy and plan, aligned with the client's mission
- Partner with the communications leads for human resources and
data, digital & technology to ensure message consistency and
- Collaborate with the global internal communications, functional
communications leads, as well as external communications on
external-facing messages as needed, including media advisories and
- Develop creative/interactive ways to inform and engage
employees throughout the duration of the project, using and
assessing existing channels.
- Leverage internal digital communications tools to promote
projects and encourage feedback.
- Write, edit, and design communications, including leadership
updates, email messages, PowerPoint presentations, internal social
media posts, internal newsletter articles, and messages for digital
- Engage and manage vendors to produce videos and graphic
material to support the execution of the communications
- Provide communications strategy and writing support to the Head
of the U.S. Region, including executive reports, presentations, and
regional business updates.
Employee Engagement and Events Management:
- Manage all activities for internal events related to the
client's Massachusetts projects, such as ribbon-cutting ceremonies
and building openings. Event management would include all
pre-event, event, and post-event activities such as logistics,
speaking programs, invitations, collaboration with project leads,
event photography, and coverage of the event to distribute through
multiple internal channels.
- Align with U.S. Communications to contribute to the central
calendar and cadence for key communications or events related to
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Experience with change management communications preferred
- Excellent writing skills - able to distill complex, technical,
and lengthy topics into simple, compelling communications
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with colleagues across the
organization and get up to speed on organizational structure,
culture, programs, policies, etc.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to work in teams and to partner and collaborate across
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions through
knowledge of communication tools and techniques and channels
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Proactive nature with refined people/team management
- Maintain a big-picture perspective; able to link programs,
activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive
- Advocate for employees to ensure messaging is accessible and
relevant, and factors in their perspective
- Poise and a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism,
Marketing, English, or a related field
- Minimum of five years in communications or equivalent
experience with excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading
- Communications experience in a PR agency or healthcare
organization (pharmaceutical, biotechnology) is preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
Graphic design experience is a plus
LocationA minimum of 2 - 3 days working onsite in Kendall square is
required with flexibility to work remotely on the remaining days.
Candidates must live within a reasonable commuting distance to
To ApplyTo be considered, please email your resume, cover letter,
and portfolio of recent blogs, white papers, reports, and other
writing and communication samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDFs
(under 10MB) and website links are preferred. Please, no
?NondiscriminationCresa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, or sex
including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Cresa Boston, Cambridge , Communications Director, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!