Principal Analyst, Product Management
Company: Forrester Research
Posted on: May 14, 2022
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients,
colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity
powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and
the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and
initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted
advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at
the nexus of what's next. About This Role: Forrester's Principal
Analyst is part of our product management service designed to help
product management leaders drive growth through innovation,
establish best practices for success, and create high performing
teams. This role develops research and advises product leaders
regarding discovering customer needs to drive innovation; managing
the product portfolio; implementing value-based pricing; improving
the product lifecycle process; enabling agile product management
and engineering alignment; clarifying product management role,
responsibilities, and structure; and upskilling the product
management team. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product
management practitioner who has deep experience in leading product
management teams at a global, regional, or business unit level. We
are especially interested in candidates with direct experience in
digital product management. Job Description:
- Deliver client-facing engagements (guidance sessions) to
support client needs and drive further engagement, client
retention, and growth.
- Develop innovative foundational frameworks and models to
illustrate and enable product management best practices.
- Ensure client-facing content is engaging, actionable, and meets
expectations for unparalleled quality.
- Support and influence other product management, customer
experience, marketing, and sales analysts in the research
development and innovation efforts.
- Support the VP, research director, and other analysts to
develop and implement scalable client engagement activities, client
retention, and new business development efforts.
- Develop and deliver presentation content for key customer
events throughout the year.
- Provide sales enablement support as required, including account
strategies and service positioning.
- Contribute to consulting engagements as a subject-matter expert
- Build brand awareness through public speaking. Job
- At least 15 years' product management leadership experience; 10
years' minimum experience in managing high-performing product
management teams at a global, regional, or subregional level.
- Experience in product management leadership with both B2B and
B2C or B2B2C organizations is preferred.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, launch and
management of successful offerings on a global stage.
- Success in managing offerings through cross-functional teams
using common product management processes.
- History of addressing common issues and challenges that product
management practitioners and leaders currently face.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of how complex
- Excellent communication with and influence to senior leaders
within an organization.
- Effective collaboration with colleagues and peers to achieve
mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about how product management
leaders lead their organizations and drive change.
- A thoughtful view of markets, technologies, and the social and
cultural dynamics that influence product management and the product
management's leader's future role and challenges.
- Superb writing skills; a knack for turning complex theoretical
ideas into articulate, actionable solutions.
- Familiarity with and confidence around data and the way
research and data drive decision-making.
- The ability to work within a matrixed team structure as part of
a networked organization.
- Strong execution skills and a consistent follow-through on
- The ability to travel 25% of the time (post-pandemic). Explore
#ForresterLife on: YouTube Twitter Facebook Instagram LinkedIn FLSA
Status: Exempt Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal
employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran
status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are
especially encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Forrester Research, Cambridge , Principal Analyst, Product Management, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!