Manager, Events Audience Acquisition
Company: Forrester Research
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Our job is to be bold at work. -
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues,
and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress.
Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of
their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that
change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most
influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what's
About This Role: -
The Manager, Audience Acquisition leads a team of 6 to 10 Audience
Acquisition Reps (AARs) in North America. This person is focused on
driving customers and prospects to register for Forrester Events
through direct outbound outreach, working with Sales, Customer
Success, and Marketing.
The Manager, Audience Acquisition, is responsible for developing
and leading the North American Audience Acquisition team. This
includes hiring, training, and motivating the team as well as
evolving processes, designing enablement strategies, and developing
reports that support the business's growth goals. This role ensures
that all AARs have the required knowledge, content, skills,
processes, and behaviors to optimize every interaction internally
and with buyers. Like any high-performing team, the Manager of
Audience Acquisition is measured on attendee revenue and delegate
Reporting to the VP of Global Event Sales, this role is central to
efforts to scale the Events business and requires the ability to
develop and optimize processes that enforce best practices, speed
up onboarding, and maximize performance.
Job Description: -
- Oversees the attendee revenue and delegate goal numbers for all
global Events. Leads a team that consistently exceeds sales quotas
by retaining, growing and prospecting attendees within your
- Manages, leads, mentors, and trains a team of Audience
Acquisition Reps, providing real-time, detailed guidance and
- Develops team members for current and future growth
- Takes a disciplined approach to process and operations, through
high levels of direct observation, inspection, and analytics to
maintain internal and external SLAs, accountable for metrics and
- Manages the AAR team to an active and proactive outbound
approach both internally and externally.
- Collaborate across sales teams to drive great partnerships and
client relationships, sales, and leads
- Guides cross-role collaboration, organizing internal resources
to address client and Event registration needs.
- Understands Forrester's sales process and utilizes Forrester's
sales support systems and sales methodologies to effectively
execute Event registration plans.
- Leads as a role model within the Events organization; promotes
a "can do" culture and positive environment, advises Audience
Acquisition Reps on strategy, answers questions, and assists them
- Analyzes engagement cadences with an eye toward continual
improvement and up-to-date messaging.
- Develops and maintains a playbook with processes and best
practices such as sales sequence, sales pitches, and qualification
tactics to ensure AAR efficiency.
- Develops best-in-class consistent, convincing communication
strategies, and prospecting techniques with marketing and sales
- Manage AAR reporting and dashboards to ensure the results can
be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the organization.
Effectively track and report on pipeline development and sales
targets through Salesforce.
- Partners with sales and marketing management to continually
experiment and optimize critical elements such as messaging,
marketing segments, and prospect lists via insights gathered from
demand generation efforts
- Maintains full fluency in Forrester's Events knowledge to
deliver value in the marketplace.
Job Requirements: -
- A bachelor's degree
- Five to eight years' experience with first-line managerial
- Prior Audience Acquisition experience.
- Success in managing and coaching to metrics and KPIs.
- Strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- Strong, high-level relationship skills; the ability to interact
with peers and thrive within a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Strong discipline to process
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Experience providing guidance, feedback to build high
- The ability to absorb and grasp new concepts quickly.
- A demonstrated agility to manage through ambiguity and coach
team members through change.
- Experience with inbound and outbound prospecting, understanding
both proven and emerging tactics for each type.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: Forrester Research, Cambridge , Manager, Events Audience Acquisition, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!