Social Media Manager, Corporate Brand and Demand
Company: Forrester Research
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues,
and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers
progress.---Forresterites---bring a diversity of opinions and the
courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and
initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted
advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at
the nexus of what's next. - - - - - - - - - - -
About This Role
Forrester is seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to lead
our global social media operations. This individual will work
across the marketing team to envision and lead social brand and
demand marketing campaigns - and take a lead position in areas such
as social strategy, content creation, social selling -, governance,
analytics, and more. The Social Media Manager will develop and
launch social programs that build reputation, engagement, and
community for the Forrester brand and drive demand among customers
and prospects, particularly with leaders across technology,
customer experience, and marketing functions.
This role requires a blend of strategic, analytical, and tactical
skills to further develop and manage Forrester's global social
media presence. Candidates must have a proven track record of
creating and collaborating on high-impact, purposeful marketing
campaigns that contribute to the business pipeline. A deep
understanding of and experience with the social media landscape,
trends, and platforms is a must.
Reporting to the director of brand, the successful candidate will
operate in close partnership with demand marketing team and across
the global marketing team and key cross-functional teams, including
sales enablement, research, and events.
- Lead the evolution, implementation, activation, and measurement
of Forrester's social media strategy and programs to position and
increase brand awareness and perception and drive demand for
Forrester's demand marketing programs and paid events.
- Grow and oversee Forrester's corporate social media profiles
and presence on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube;
collaborate with the social media manager of employer brand to
amplify Forrester's employer brand campaigns on corporate social
media channels; and partner with regional teams to evaluate
- In partnership with the direct response copywriter, create
shareable demand marketing content appropriate for social channels
to propel customers and prospects through the customer
- Promote Forrester's brand story, thought leadership, and
product portfolio across a variety of social media and digital
advertising channels; create content optimized for social and
digital media channels.
- Collaborate with the digital media manager to plan, execute,
and measure social media advertising campaigns in support of
Forrester's brand and demand campaigns.
- Establish and manage a content plan, calendar, and cadence of
social media posts for the corporate social media channels; develop
content and assets to be used by employee advocates to amplify
brand and demand objectives.
- In partnership with the corporate communications team, build
and manage an influencer marketing program that identifies and
engages appropriate influencers (e.g., analysts) for key audiences;
in collaboration with the customer marketing, identify and build
relationships with prominent customers and manage customer advocacy
social campaign planning, content creation, and engagement to
increase brand perception.
- In partnership with the sales enablement team, grow and advance
our social selling program.
- Develop and own goals, performance metrics, and reporting for
corporate social media campaigns; monitor regularly to understand
effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for
optimization and continuous improvement.
- Work with the creative team to develop and deliver innovative,
best-in-class social media and digital advertising assets (images,
videos, animation, and templates) for brand and demand
- Perform day-to-day community management (e.g., monitoring and
response) across the corporate social media channels; listen and
engage in relevant social discussions (about our company,
competitors, and/or industry) from existing customers, prospects,
and target audiences.
- Identify and evaluate new social media/online community
technologies and platforms that reach customers and prospects; test
new strategies, content, and campaigns to grow our global targeted
- Promote and support the organization's adoption of social
media, including training and enablement programs; in partnership
with the social media manager of employer brand grow Forrester's
employee advocacy program.
- Support and enforce social media governance guidelines and
- In collaboration with the corporate communications team,
support executive social media engagement and account monitoring,
- Act as a social media advocate across the company, ensuring
social is thoughtfully factored into partnerships, experiences, and
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or
- Five-plus years of experience in social media marketing; B2B
marketing, brand marketing, and demand marketing experience is a
- Three-plus years of experience in managing digital advertising
- A proven track record of leading successful social media
marketing campaigns from concept to completion with a focus on
growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics.
- Solid experience in producing effective content and an
understanding of publishing, social distribution methods, and
- Advanced knowledge of leveraging social media platforms such as
LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram for the purpose of driving brand
awareness, thought leadership, and demand.
- Experience with social media management tools (e.g., Sprinklr)
and employee advocacy programs and tools (e.g., Smarp).
- Knowledge of best practices and design needs/restrictions
across LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to follow up,
communicate, and work effectively with all levels of management and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong
attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to
prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a
- The ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience in analyzing and optimizing social media
- The ability to solve complex problems in ways that challenge
the status quo.
- Experience with Google Analytics and paid social platforms
(LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube).
- Uses both data and intuition to make decisions.
- Persistence and tenacity in driving results.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other
status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals
with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to
Keywords: Forrester Research, Cambridge , Social Media Manager, Corporate Brand and Demand, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!