Retail Store Assistant Manager
Company: Blick Art Materials
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who we are...:Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its
third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest
provider of art supplies in the United States.Our Mission...:At
Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support
the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art
supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and
integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and
our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to
grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.Your Role...:By
exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the
utmost care, the Assistant Manager will lead their team to fulfil
Blick's commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local
communities. Responsibilities include,
Direct and oversee the overall operations of the retail
- Increase sales volume, upholding customer service values,
develop and maintain customer and school relationships, maintain
proper stock levels, maintain inventory replenishment orders,
special orders, and factory direct drop shipping orders.
- Assists the Store General Manager with the House Account
Program including, but not limited to, processing House Account
orders, contacting Account customers, and maintaining customer
- Oversee all aspects of inventory such as: Vendor Direct and
Special Orders, Min/Max Changes, Inventory Adjustments, Weekly
Cycle Counts, Store Transfers, RTVs, and shipment processing.
- Maintain company POGs, display and signage compliance,
cleanliness standards, and supply orders.
- Pre-Inventory coordination of store including creation of store
map, section labeling, pre-count assignments, product bundling,
labeling all non-scan product, staff assignments for inventory,
completion and transmission of all post inventory count forms.
- Ensure compliance to all Loss Prevention and Safety measures,
Dick Blick Company Policies and Procedures, and operational
- Shift supervision, including opening and closing the store,
managing payroll, creating weekly schedule, staff tasks and duties
assigned on a daily basis.
- Interview candidates for open non-exempt associate
- Solve associate issues in partnership with other members of
- Execute the training of all store associates on Blick
Onboarding Training, Sales Training Program, promotional events,
and Featured Products.
- Communicate and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals
for all associates.
- Coordinate marketing programs at store level along with
ensuring compliance to National Marketing programs.
- Understand and manage the financial well-being of the store
using the annual budget and monthly Profit & Loss reports.
- Oversee ordering of store supplies through retail purchasing
and monitor expenses..
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Willing and able to relocate for future opportunities if
- Minimum of two nights per work week. Must close Friday and
Saturday a minimum of one weekend per accounting period, minimum of
one Sunday per accounting period.
- Elevates Service Standards
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Champions Core Values
The Assistant Manager directly and indirectly supervises personnel
within their store location.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the
appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
- Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although
some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- High School Diploma, College preferred but not required.
- One year of previous retail management experience or one year
of employment with Blick.
- Demonstrated superior sales performance throughout career.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the associate for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Blick Art Materials, Cambridge , Retail Store Assistant Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!