Director Business Development Transactions - Biopharma - REMOTE
Company: Michael Page
Posted on: November 23, 2021
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.Summary(S)he will provide expertise for
all transaction efforts including Search & Evaluation,
In-licensing, Out-licensing, M&A, and Alliance Management for
Business Development. This individual enables regional
opportunities, commercial partnerships, clinical trial
collaborations, and M&A. Client DetailsFounded in 2007, our
client is a global clinical-stage biotechnology company committed
to developing novel vaccines and biologic therapeutic candidates
for infectious diseases as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases.
They have built out a product pipeline by leveraging in-house
biologics manufacturing infrastructure and
- Execute on Business Development, Licensing, Search and
Evaluation and M&A efforts. Work with portfolio strategy,
research and development and other stakeholders to identify
promising external assets to support the business development
- Strong negotiation skills: ability to represent company
interests and engage global and local partners
- Prepare BD business cases by working cross-functionally to
identify key risks, opportunities, and inputs/drivers for financial
- Perform financial modeling to inform valuation, deal terms and
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to develop
and lead business development efforts and implement a robust
external partnering strategy
- Conference attendance and coordination of business development
efforts. Build and maintain close relationships with academic
institutions, the venture capital community and ensure proper
process administration and record-keeping
- Coordinate Deal Committee meetings to review and provide timely
- B.S. in finance or biomedical sciences required; MBA is a
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in biotech/pharma business
- Experience conducting transactions at a top life sciences
investment bank or private equity firm is a plus
- Familiarity with financial and deal modeling
- Proven track record of deal execution in biotech
- Ability to travel (15%)
- Understanding of biotech/pharma sector
- Understanding of the landscape in China is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and to work independently
- Enterprise-level thinker who can ensure consistent and
high-quality deliverablesJob Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Significant stock options, IPO in near horizon.
- High-growth potential biotech company with diverse
- Remote based, ideally on East Coast.
- Strong annual bonus incentive.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Pivotal role for company's aggressive expansion - early BD hire
directly responsible for expanding the company's growth.
Keywords: Michael Page, Cambridge , Director Business Development Transactions - Biopharma - REMOTE, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!