Associate Director, Program and Alliance Management
Company: THIRD ROCK VENTURES, LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Associate Director, Program and Alliance Management at Fulcrum
Therapeutics Fulcrum Therapeutics is a clinical-stage
biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of
patients with genetically defined rare diseases in areas of high
unmet medical need. Fulcrum's proprietary product engine identifies
drug targets which can modulate gene expression to treat the known
root cause of gene mis-expression. The company has advanced
losmapimod to Phase 2 clinical development for the treatment of
facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD) and Phase 3 for the
treatment of COVID-19. Fulcrum is also advancing FTX-6058, a small
molecule designed to increase expression of fetal hemoglobin for
the treatment of sickle cell disease and beta thalassemia.
Description We are searching for an experienced, hands-on program
and alliance management professional who will oversee the
successful execution of Fulcrum's internal research program teams
and external collaborations with partners. This role will manage
the company's early programs and alliance management capability to
drive efficiency and effectiveness of Fulcrum's programs and will
utilize project management tools to create and manage project plans
and track progress and results. The candidate will partner with the
research team to identify attractive candidates for development,
progress them through candidate selection and pre-IND studies, and
ensure timely execution of Fulcrum's research strategy. S/he will
need a deep understanding of preclinical and early development
program strategies, partnering strategy, and build strong
multi-functional relationships with the internal stakeholders and
partner organizations to achieve internal program goals and mutual
goals in the alliance. The position reports to the VP Program
Leadership and works closely with Research leads, Business
Development colleagues, and internal/external program teams,
aligning program activities with portfolio strategy and driving
value creation. Responsibilities
- Partner with the Research leads to establish a strong research
plan, track progress of activities and deliverables, develop and
maintain communication with Leadership.
- Drive development of the research program strategy, starting as
development candidates are identified, including development and
ownership of the Target Product Profile (TPP) an integrated
Strategic Program Plan (SPP).
- Maintain integrated program plans using project management
tools encompassing key program milestones and deliverables in
alignment with company and alliance objectives.
- Facilitate, manage, and contribute during Program Team meetings
(program goals, agendas, minutes, track milestones, establish
dashboards, conduct risk assessments)
- Lead/develop alliance management practice (processes,
standards, and tools) for collaborations between Fulcrum and
- Lead forums to drive proactive cross-functional and cross
partner communication, crisp decision-making, and successful
execution of program and alliance objectives.
- Closely manage contractual commitments and the long-term goals
of the alliance.
- Liaise/build relationships with external and internal
stakeholders (Legal, Finance, BD, and research) to ensure that
contract terms are executed appropriately.
- Proactively identify risks and gaps and work with impacted
teams and functional leadership to develop and implement mitigation
- Foster a culture of accountability, solution-oriented, positive
team dynamics and cross-functional collaboration. Qualifications
(job level and compensation package commensurate with experience)
- 5+ years in biotech or pharmaceutical environments with a
minimum of 2 years in program and alliance management with
responsibilities for pre-clinical, clinical and/or commercial stage
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with an advanced
- Outstanding leadership skills with demonstrated track record of
- Strategic mindset with the ability to prioritize amid
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of having managed successful early programs and
- Fluidity and flexibility in approach to team oversight to meet
the needs of an evolving program strategy.
- Strong scientific acumen with an understanding of early product
development and alliance governance best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
skills, including specifically, the skills needed to manage
difficult conversations and interactions as they arise.
- Ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well
as in a hands-on capacity.
- Prior experience in both small Biotech and large Pharma
environments is ideal.
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to manage
various projects simultaneously and execute on time. 29 Newbury
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000
Keywords: THIRD ROCK VENTURES, LLC, Cambridge , Associate Director, Program and Alliance Management, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!