Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation--
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Exact Sciences values its current relationships with external
recruitment vendors. If you are interested in learning more about
partnering with us as an external recruitment vendor, please
contact our Human Resources Department directly. Neither Exact
Sciences Corporation nor any subsidiary or other related entity
will be liable for any fees for any candidate submitted without a
binding written search agreement. For example, written (including
email) or verbal contacts with any person within or outside of
Exact's Human Resource Department are inadequate, in the absence of
a binding written agreement, to bind either Exact Sciences
Corporation or any subsidiary or related entity to any obligation
to retain the services of, or to pay any fee to, any recruiter.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable
local, state or federal law. The Company's affirmative action
program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection
upon request. If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity
at Exact Sciences, require a reasonable accommodation with the
application process or would like to share feedback about the
recruitment process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at
608-535-8726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Senior Manager,
Supply Chain Operations will lead a team responsible for inventory
management, planning, tracking, and control of inventory and
non-inventory materials, supporting all assigned Exact Sciences
sites. This role's overall responsibility is to ensure that product
availability is maintained across all functions to meet company
goals. The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Operations overseas
receiving, shipping, and incoming raw material inspection,
providing support across all functions and is responsible for
overseeing development of warehouse processes, cleanliness,
organization, safety compliance, and space planning across all
assigned Thrive warehouse sites. This role provides clear direction
for work in the department and collaborates with centralized supply
chain and logistics functions to meet the needs of the businesses
supported at the assigned sites. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and foster strong partnership relationships with key
internal stakeholders to ensure business needs are clearly
understood and communicated, enabling teams to be recognized for
providing world class support within the organization.
- Prepare reports, analyze data to make decisions, and develop
metrics critical to success.
- Mentor next level managers and leaders within the functional
work-streams to continue to grow talent within our
- Assess current and future business requirements to determine
optimal processes, procedures, and standards.
- Develop and execute expansion strategies across multiple
departments in support of corporate growth objectives.
- Define, measure, and regularly communicate appropriate key
performance indicators (KPIs) for supply chain processes spanning
the range from raw material procurement to order fulfilment for
- Leverage supply chain key performance indicators to identify
and champion continuous process improvement projects, quantifying
the associated costs and benefits to enable data-driven
prioritization of these projects.
- Translate demand projections provided by the business into a
detailed Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) output and
present the plan to senior leadership for approval to execute.
- Support strategic efforts to qualify new raw materials and
alternative supply channels for products.
- Ensure proper safeguards are in place and policies for
- Develop inventory strategies working closely with the
centralized supply chain functions to ensure adequate stocking
levels and purchasing plans are in place.
- Manage the control of non-conforming material within the
company and the Quality Manual System (QMS).
- Review, propose, and implement improved systems to streamline
and improve inventory tracking, management, and accuracy.
- Develop and implement a process for service and spare parts
- Manage raw material and production planning, work order
creation and completion, material staging, and ensure a
well-trained and effective team.
- Ensure the coordination of inventory availability for new
programs, studies, and product lines.
- Define and develop training for staff in production planning,
inventory management, low volume programs/vendor managed inventory
- Monitor and maintain the data integrity of the Company's
inventory utilizing the ERP system to ensure optimal service to
both internal and external customers.
- Ensure effective partnership and collaboration with IT,
Finance, QA, and other stakeholders on the development of supply
chain-related enterprise software functionality and informatic
workflows, while also ensuring that this design and development
work is based on complete and well-documented business
requirements, business process designs, and is conducted in
conformance with Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Oversee management of receiving activities within the
warehouses to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of
- Review and approve applicable standard operating procedures
(SOPs) for the processing of materials in the ERP system and
through the Receive Inspection system and label materials
- Partner cross-functionally to support teams and functions that
use Warehouse services.
- Determine warehouse related processes and procedures and
monitors for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize, and
prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop,
and manage work performance.
- Communicate--goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding
and success in achieving them.
- Motivate--and--inspire--employees to do their best work through
- Maintain--morale and support employee engagement
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and negotiating
skills; ability to make decisions with limited information and
operate with autonomy.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations,
cross-functionally as well as independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
interpersonal skills; ability to communicate to all levels within
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary
in a GMP, ISO, and CAP environment.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with
rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Cambridge and Baltimore
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel. #LI-AZ1 Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or related field; or
High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of
relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 12+ years of experience in Supply Chain Operations.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Health Care, Research, Life
Sciences, or related field
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing SAP for inventory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal
skills, and ability to build a large team
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail,
ability to manage deadlines; must be able to multitask and adapt to
a fast-changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Professional working knowledge analyzing data and making
recommendations relating to inventory and materials
- Experience with data aggregation, cleansing, and mastering is
- Professional working knowledge with developing reporting
mechanisms to provide inventory visibility to leadership.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
-- Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in biotech or medical device field,
preferably in a GMP and/or ISO13485 environment.
- APICS, CPIM or related certification.
- Professional working knowledge with 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485,
and/or cGMP structured environments.
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency highly preferred We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any
other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are
available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation--, Cambridge , Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Operations, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!