Director of Operations
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Should you require assistance with applying online please visit
Application FAQs . Director of Operations in Cambridge,
Massachusetts - Careers at Courtyard Boston Cambridge Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Director of Operations
Requisition ID 2021-12021 Category Operations Job Location
US-MA-Cambridge Property Courtyard Boston Cambridge Highgate Hotels
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location The newly
renovated Courtyard by Marriott, Boston-Cambridge is nestled on the
banks of the historic Charles River, home of the Head of the
Charles Regatta. With its unique location situated between
prestigious Harvard University and M.I.T., the hotel offers 207
newly renovated rooms. A short walk puts you in Harvard and Central
Square, where there are a variety of restaurants and night life to
choose from. Employment Status Full-Time Overview The Director of
Operations-- will manage the day to day and will oversee the Front
Office, F&B, and interface with Housekeeping and Engineering.
- Focus on front office operation, including training,
scheduling, daily duties, etc.
- Tour the operating departments, daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training
sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to
effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards, and the
review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers,
M.I.D.s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train
new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel's budget process as
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in
each department using the steps to effective training according to
Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest, through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly,
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests,
management and all other employees.
- On a monthly basis, forecast the hotel's financial position by
estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and
projected data to generate an accurate Reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all
managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing
and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
management position within the hotel prior to any offer being
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s, and ensure that managers are in
compliance to the standards in their administration of performance
appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management
personnel according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s and ensure that
managers are in compliance to the standards in their administration
of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President of
Operations, Regional Director of Operations, General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and
potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active
role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the
- Supervise all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance
with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up,
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain
competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them
informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget
- Oversee operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report
preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE,
One to One), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including
pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Qualifications
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related
field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6
years of related experience.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Options Apply
for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Cambridge , Director of Operations, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!