Director Enterprise Applications
Company: Generation Bio
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new
generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA
technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At
Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of
gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of
diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make
the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation
as polio feels to children today. We are a thriving, collaborative,
creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences
relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by
Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed
to a future where more people can live full lives. The Director of
Enterprise Applications will be responsible for the overall
enterprise application and data management strategy while working
closely with Generation Bio leadership, system and business process
owners, and IT management to ensure seamless and standardized
system evaluation, implementation, integration, and support. The
Director will be responsible for leading an enterprise application
group consisting of business partners, solution architects, and
system analysts responsible for G&A, R&D Informatics, and
Regulatory/Quality systems. The Director will ensure the enterprise
application portfolio is aligned to the overall IT security,
infrastructure, and architecture strategies. Reporting to the Head
of IT, the Director of IT Enterprise Applications will proactively
engage stakeholders throughout the organization to enable IT
solutions that advance company objectives through systems and
business process optimization. The overall goal of the Director and
their team is to leverage applications, vendors, and business
processes which deliver effective solutions and drive IT
operational excellence. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Building and leading an Enterprise Applications team within the
- Providing subject matter expertise in G&A applications
including, but not limited to, implementing, maintaining, and
enhancing G&A applications.
- Working with all business functions to ensure compliance with
Sarbanes Oxley IT General Controls (ITGC).
- Working with the Quality Systems management to review and
assist audits of external facilities and systems.
- Building the strategy, partnerships, and external relationships
as related to enterprise application technology platforms.
- Aligning the Enterprise IT Application Portfolio with
Generation Bio's corporate goals.
- Providing strategic, forward-looking vision when designing
solutions to strengthen capabilities and future integration
opportunities through the development of clear strategic technology
roadmaps and scalable application support.
- Developing and owning the enterprise applications IT portfolio
of services and projects while managing associated budgets and
- Providing cross functional Program Management for large
business process and data integration related projects.
- Leading and overseeing the Enterprise/Data Management projects,
standards, principles, and implementations.
- Providing continuous feedback to business partners regarding
the priorities and status of work being performed within specified
areas of the IT organization.
- Overseeing large, complex IT application projects from start to
finish. Supervising IT staff, consultants, contractors, developers,
and other resources assigned to the initiatives. Identifying any
issues with timelines or completion of projects ahead of time and
work through with internal customers.
- Defining metrics based on overall business objectives and
report performance status monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Managing and guiding the testing of business applications using
appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality,
flexibility, and efficiency.
- Leading information technology's compliance-related efforts
around GxP, financial, and regulatory initiatives. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology
or related scientific field required; Graduate Technical Degree, or
- 14 plus years' experience in IT application management in a
commercial science or pharmaceutical environment, including at
least six years in a managerial capacity; Any equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the existing internal operating systems;
considerable knowledge of scientific software engineering
principles, practices, and methods; considerable knowledge of
design techniques, procedures, systems, and programs.
- Skill and experience in managing projects, staff, and
- Ability to develop and maintain assigned programs and systems;
ability to troubleshoot assigned programs; ability to meet project
deadlines; ability to train and supervise subordinate personnel;
ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability
to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
subordinates, peers and supervisors; ability to exercise sound
judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions; ability
to follow or give verbal and written instructions, as
- Person must be able to work independently on complex tasks
which require analysis and action.
- Person must be able to work well with staff members and the
Generation Bio community, especially with senior business
management staff. Person must be able to interact with employees at
all levels of the company, in all business areas. POSITION:
Full-Time, Exempt EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a
diverse environment and is committed to equal employment
opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do
not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any
other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender,
religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual
orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities,
in accordance with applicable law. Generation Bio does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Generation Bio, Cambridge , Director Enterprise Applications, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!