Senior) Vice President, Human Resources
Company: Trillium Therapeutics Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2021
(Senior) Vice President, Human Resources Cambridge, MA Summary
Trillium Therapeutics is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company
based in Cambridge, MA and Toronto, ON. Following recent promising
clinical data updates and after raising over $300 million in 2020,
the Company is now embarking on a substantial organizational
scale-up to initiate a phase 2 program across a range of cancer
indications. The Company is seeking a new VP/SVP of Human
Resources, who will be a key business partner and "right hand" to
the CEO and the Executive Team to evolve the Company toward late
stage clinical development and potential commercialization. The
position will report into the CEO and will be based in Cambridge,
MA. The Company Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TRIL) is a clinical
stage biotechnology company developing next generation
immunotherapies targeting CD47, a checkpoint of the innate immune
system. Immunotherapy is a rapidly evolving field that is
redefining cancer care by harnessing a patient's own immune system
to eliminate tumor cells. First generation immunotherapies,
targeting the adaptive immune system via T cell checkpoint
inhibitors, have been enormously successful scientifically (2018
Nobel prize), clinically (achieving real cure rates), and
commercially (soon to be the largest drug class ever). CD47 is now
emerging as one of the most promising next generation
immuno-oncology targets. Trillium has two highly differentiated
CD47 blockers in development that - unlike other CD47 agents - have
shown unique monotherapy activity across a range of hematologic
malignancies. Under new leadership, Trillium has undergone a
wide-ranging transformation program, including a major strategy
reset. In 2020, the company raised over $300M, landed a strategic
investment from Pfizer, and has been among the top performers on
NASDAQ. Nearing completion of ongoing dose escalation studies,
Trillium is now scaling up its organization to initiate a broad
phase 2 program across several cancer indications. The Position
Reporting to the CEO, the VP/SVP will lead the HR transition into a
cross-regional function with competencies that enable Trillium
growth and expansion. As a key member of the Executive Team, she/he
will lead the advancement of Trillium capabilities in key areas
including talent acquisition & retention, performance management,
employee development, compensation, benefits, organizational
planning, and corporate culture development. Additionally, this
post will serve as the management liaison to the Compensation
Committee of the Board. The position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Directs transition of Trillium HR strategy, team structure,
capabilities and deliverables to ensure excellent support of
changing organizational and business needs, including highly
effective talent acquisition, onboarding and retention to ensure
top talent across all corporate functions.
- Directs Trillium HR in developing and executing world-class
innovative systems and practices that promote high-performance
culture, employee engagement and performance management, creating a
highly motivated and top performing workforce that drives maximum
- As a member of the Executive Team serves as a key business
partner to the CEO and the senior leadership team regarding all HR
activities, as well as overall and business area specific strategic
and tactical discussions, planning and execution.
- Oversees and ensures compensation and benefits programs and
policies, which make Trillium a highly competitive employer of
- Represents Management and the HR function to the Board of
Directors/Compensation Committee regarding Executive Compensation &
Recruitment, high-level discussions on employee compensation &
benefit programs, and other select key employee matters and
- Ensures all HR related record keeping and other practices are
legally compliant and in accordance with company policy.
- Has overall accountability for developing and effectively
managing the overall HR budget, ensuring that HR costs and services
are aligned with financial goals and policies. Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree (MS/MA) highly
- 10+ years of HR experience in high growth companies, ideally in
the biotech or a related industry.
- 5+ years in a senior HR role at a publicly traded biotech
company, ideally based in Boston-area.
- Prior experience working with ex-US organizations
- Demonstrated experience with organizational scale-up with
successful leadership of a talent agenda that contributed to
organizational growth and success.
- Proven skills in organizational development, performance
management, talent acquisition and retention, compensation and
benefits change management, executive compensation, etc.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, collaboration and project
- Successful record as a close and trusted advisor to the CEO and
the executive team.
- Experience serving as the Management Liaison to the
Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Experience supporting functional teams including recruitment,
compensation, incentive plans, performance management, and
- Successful record in leading corporate culture & values
initiatives in support of corporate strategy.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of all areas of HR and how to
maintain legal compliance of HR systems and practices.
- Strong knowledge of and relationships within the Boston-area
biotech community. Personal Attributes
- Strong values-driven individual who can leverage values to lead
and motivate a diverse, cross regional team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational skills and
ability to influence.
- Must be willing and able to be "hands-on", and can thrive in a
matrixed, fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other company leaders and
develop strong working relationships with them.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel to the Company's
Toronto office. How to Apply Please send your resume and cover
letter to email@example.com with the title of the
role in the subject line. Kindly note that phone calls and third
parties are not accepted. Candidates must be authorized to work in
the U.S. Cambridge Office 2488 Dunwin Drive
Mississauga, ON L5L 1J9
Tel: +1 416.595.0627
Keywords: Trillium Therapeutics Inc., Cambridge , Senior) Vice President, Human Resources, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!