Associate Director, Scientific Publications
Company: Sarepta Therapeutics
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Associate Director, Scientific Publications will support the
development of high-quality, medically relevant scientific
publications (i.e. clinical, scientific and health economics
manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations) to fulfill
scientific and medical objectives, in accordance with authors
direction and in adherence to Publication Policy Procedures and
ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines. Assists with the creation of other
scientific documents (physician brochures, medical affairs
booth-related materials, slide decks). Manages the development and
review/approval of assigned projects, according to timelines in the
global medical communications plan. Communicates effectively with
external authors and internal stakeholders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Serve as scientific publication lead on scientific medical
publications, and work with our Medical Communication Agency on
publication strategies and deliverables. Learn and apply knowledge
of therapeutic area data to scientific publishing projects. Execute
all activities related to the preparation of scientific medical
publications (i.e., medical, scientific, and health economics
manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations). Perform
literature searches, as needed, for drafting publication content.
Interpret literature information and make recommendations for
application to scientific publications.
* Work with relevant internal stakeholders on the development of
medical materials for use by field medical affairs team (physician
brochures, medical affairs booth-related materials, slide decks).
Assist with Medical Review Committee review and approvals.
* Coordinate the review, approval, and other applicable activities
related to the development of scientific publication projects.
* Interface with external experts (e.g., physicians, other health
care professionals) and effectively collaborate with Clinical
Research and Development colleagues, along with other Sarepta
departments including, but not limited to, regulatory, safety,
biostatistics, clinical operations, biology, medical affairs,
health economics and outcomes research, and the commercial group to
ensure accurate and timely completion/delivery of information,
including addressing conflicting demands, and review of scientific
* Serve as a Medical Communication representative on assigned
product teams. Communicate deliverables needed, writing process,
and timelines to team members. Provide direction and guidance to
external medical writers on assigned projects, ensuring a high
quality and timely work product, and adherence to Publication
Policy and associated Procedures.
* Understand, assimilate, and interpret sources of information with
appropriate guidance from Medical Communications team, authors, and
product team members. Interpret and explain data generated from a
variety of sources, including internal and external studies,
research documentation, charts, graphs, and tables, and verify that
results are consistent with study data. Convert relevant data and
information into a form that meets publication needs, ensuring
required documentation is obtained in adherence to Publication
Policy Procedures and ICMJE and GPP3 guidelines.
* Explain data in manner consistent with the target audience(s) and
journal/congress requirements. Confirm completeness of information
to be presented. Understand and comply with appropriate
conventions, proper grammar usage, and correct format requirements
per journal/congress guidelines, and follow applicable company
Publication Policy and Procedures.
* Develops full understanding of journals and of their submission
* Tracks key conferences submission deadlines and provides
reminders with suggestions for submissions to the conferences.
* Identify and propose solutions to resolve issues and questions
arising during the writing/review process, including resolution or
elevation as appropriate. Ensure project information in publication
records and resourcing tools are accurate and up to date.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
* Advanced Scientific Degree (Ph.D., Pharm. D) required. Master s
Degree will be considered with significant publication writing
experience. Relevant professional certification/credential (e.g.,
CMPP, AMWA) is a plus.
* 5+ years of medical/scientific writing experience in the medical
devices/pharmaceutical/health care industry, academia, or related
experience (e.g., medical communication agency, clinical/scientific
research) is required.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications
(verbal and written) skills are essential with flawless attention
to detail and ability to complete writing assignments in a timely
manner with minimal oversight.
* Knowledgeable of US and international regulations, requirements,
and guidance s associated with scientific publications is
* Experience in rare disease/neurology preferred.
* Working knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques is
* Experience in working with fast paced, collaborative,
* Must be proficient with Datavision, Microsoft Windows, Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Recognized by former peers, colleagues, managers and direct
reports for attributes congruent with Sarepta Values: Drive,
Excellence, Resilience, Teamwork, Innovation and Compassion.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and participates in e-Verify.
Keywords: Sarepta Therapeutics, Cambridge , Associate Director, Scientific Publications, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!