Data Quality & Platform Lead Engineer
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Data Quality & Platform Lead Engineer
About the role:
The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy,
completeness, and reliability of our data. Your primary objective
will be to drive data quality initiatives, establish data quality
related processes, and collaborate closely with cross-functional
teams to enhance decision-making and optimize business
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership abilities,
extensive knowledge of data management best practices, and a deep
understanding of the pharmaceutical industry. As a member of Takeda
Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision
we aspire to cure cancer. Here, you'll build a career grounded in
purpose and be empowered to deliver your best. As part of the
Oncology Data Digital and Technology group you will report to
Director of Data Execution and Operations, Global Oncology, Data,
Digital & Technology and work with key stakeholders.
How you will contribute
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain high data quality
standards across different data sets within commercial
pharmaceutical organizations. Establish data quality KPIs and
regularly monitor and report on data accuracy and
- Take the lead in initiatives to cleanse, standardize, and
enhance the usability and reliability of existing data. Deploy data
validation checks to pinpoint and resolve anomalies in the
- Identify opportunities for the optimization of data-related
processes and implement automation wherever feasible. Collaborate
with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate data quality
considerations into existing workflows.
- Institute and enforce data governance policies, standards, and
procedures to ensure uniform data practices. Collaborate closely
with both IT and business teams to define ownership of data and
implement access controls.
- Conduct training sessions to raise awareness of data quality
issues and promote best practices. Provide guidance and support to
teams in improving data quality and its operations.
- Work closely with data consumers and stakeholders to understand
their data needs and facilitate data-driven
- Act as a liaison between IT and business units to align data
quality initiatives with strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address data
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Operations
Research, or Science-related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in data management and data
quality in the pharma industry .
- 3+ years of leading cross functional teams and/or people
- Must have strong knowledge of relevant internal and external
data sources within the pharmaceutical data ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of data management principles,
methodologies, and best practices, including data modeling, data
governance, data integration, and data quality management.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA and
GDPR, as they relate to data management in the pharmaceutical
- Proven experience in implementing and managing data quality
related processes, systems, tools, and technologies.
- Having prior experience with the Informatica tool for
implementing data quality would be a plus.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the
ability to motivate, inspire, and develop a high-performing
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to
prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Travel requirements 10-15%
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500
Keywords: Takeda, Cambridge , Data Quality & Platform Lead Engineer, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!