Research Scientist, Metabolic Engineering
Company: Manus Biosynthesis, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company
headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based
ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary
technologies for engineering microbes for the production of
specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural
chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a motivated
individual for a research scientist position that will specialize
in metabolic engineering and molecular biology. This person will be
expected to tackle a variety of challenges as an integral part of
Manus Bio's R&D team. -Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity - For motivated, results-oriented team members, our
growth creates opportunities for personal and professional
- Accountability -- You are given the resources you need to
succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each
other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion -- We love what we do and enjoy working with others who
feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come
with working on the cutting edge.Responsibilities:
- Construct, test, and optimize biosynthetic pathways using
various metabolic engineering and synthetic biology tools
- Apply knowledge of microbial physiology, biochemistry, and
metabolism to improve titers, yields, and productivity of
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to
implement experimental plans and achieve project goals
- Communicate results of experiments with colleaguesRequired
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry,
Microbiology, or a related field
- Hands-on experience in genetic engineering tools, including
cloning, pathway assembly, and chromosomal manipulation
- Expertise in microbial physiology and metabolismPreferred
- Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask
questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication
skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must hold -themselves to the highest professional, scientific
and ethical standards.
Keywords: Manus Biosynthesis, Inc., Cambridge , Research Scientist, Metabolic Engineering, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!