Senior Process Engineer
Company: Copernic Catalysts
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Senior Process Engineer, Copernic CatalystsAbout Copernic:
- Copernic Catalysts is a new startup in Cambridge, MA that is
developing sustainable new catalysts and processes for the
production of bulk chemicals and e-fuels. We are in the business of
wedding the visionary with the practical, designing novel zero- and
low-carbon technologies that are also compatible with the existing
economics and structure of the chemical industry. Copernic raised a
Seed funding round in July 2021 led by Future Ventures and The
Engine. We also were selected for the 2021 ARPA-E OPEN grant by the
U.S. Department of Energy. About The Job:
- The Senior Process Engineer at Copernic will be responsible for
setting up our new catalyst testing lab in Cambridge, MA, and
testing our initial catalyst designs in fixed bed testing
- The Senior Process Engineer is a very independent role that
will be in charge of our new lab in Cambridge, MA, often without
- This position will report directly to Copernic's
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- This role is expected to begin in Q4 2022. Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be excited to deal with
challenges as they arise, flexible enough to change direction if
necessary, and sufficiently proactive to anticipate problems before
- They will be responsible for setting up our lab, including
managing the installation of all new lab equipment and ordering
- They will initially focus on testing heterogenous catalyst
candidates for gas-phase reactions in commercial fixed-bed test
reactors. Some inorganic synthesis may be required.
- They will apply solid critical thinking, analytical skills and
engineering judgement to execute day-to-day tasks like design of
experiments, operation and troubleshooting of lab-scale reactor
equipment, and analysis of reactor test results.
- They will play a key role in setting the direction for Copernic
by making recommendations for future catalyst development alongside
Copernic's founders and collaborators.
- Since we need you in the lab building, installing, and
measuring, this is a full-time in-person opportunity. Applicants
must be willing to relocate to the greater Boston area.
Remote/hybrid work is not possible.
- This job will be "employee number 1" and is a great opportunity
to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing
- The Senior Process Engineer should be someone who loves the lab
and is eager to get their hands dirty in service of Copernic's
sustainability and technical goals. A high degree of independence
will be required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in chemical engineering
(or equivalent) with 0-2 years experience with heterogenous
catalyst testing in fixed bed reactors. We are open to exceptional
candidates with an M.S. in chemical engineering (or equivalent)
plus 3-5 years of experience, provided they can demonstrate
significant independence and leadership skills.Benefits & Equal
- Copernic Catalysts is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees, where all aspects of personnel
decisions will be based on personnel's merit and Copernic's
business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law.
- Competitive Benefits Package that includes
medical/dental/vision/life insurance.Specific Instructions:
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter
Keywords: Copernic Catalysts, Cambridge , Senior Process Engineer, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!