Research Scientist, Protein Engineering
Company: Manus Biosynthesis
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company
headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based
ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary
technologies for engineering microbes for the production of
specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural
chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a motivated
individual for a research scientist position that will specialize
in enzyme engineering. This person will be expected to tackle a
variety of challenges as an integral part of Manus Bio's R&D
team. - -Why work at Manus Bio: -Opportunity -- For motivated,
results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for
personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability -- You are given the resources you need to
succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each
other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion -- We love what we do and enjoy working with others who
feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come
with working on the cutting edge.Responsibilities:
- Design, construct, and test expression and activity of enzymes
in a variety of assays
- Build and screen libraries of enzyme variants
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to
implement experimental plans and achieve project goals
- Communicate results of experiments with colleagues -Required
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry,
Microbiology, or a related field
- Proficiency in molecular biology -skills, including primer
design, cloning, and PCR.
- Experience with protein variant design and
- Experience with -Yarrowia lipolytica, -S. cerevisiae, and/or
- Experience with assay development or enzyme kinetics
- Experience with microbial fermentation
- Experience with analytical instrumentation (LC-MS, GC-MS/FID,
HPLC) -Preferred Working Style:
- Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask
questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication
skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must hold themselves to the highest professional, scientific
and ethical standards. -
Keywords: Manus Biosynthesis, Cambridge , Research Scientist, Protein Engineering, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!