Company: Vericel Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
If you start your application and need to come back to it,
please click on the 'Forgot your password?' link to retrieve your
profile information in order to get back into your application.
Vericel Corporation, a leader in advanced therapies for the sports
medicine and severe burn care markets, has an exciting new
opportunity for a high performing engineering professional looking
to join and contribute to a high growth Biotech/Medtech company
with multiple Cell Therapy products on the market as well as a
strong balance sheet. Reporting directly to the Associate Director,
Engineering & Facilities--at Vericel, this is a great opportunity
to join an exciting and fast growing $2 Billion+ market cap life
sciences company with a talented team of professionals who are
committed to improving the lives of the patients we serve. POSITION
SUMMARY Department Description: The Engineering department is
primarily responsible for the detailed design, startup,
troubleshooting, commissioning, optimization and lifecycle support
of manufacturing equipment, facilities, and utility systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Core Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing engineering support for new and existing
process and utility system installations.
- Assists with the specification, estimating, design,
procurement, programming installation management, startup,
commissioning and documentation of new systems and the ongoing
support of existing systems under close supervision.
- Support Validation department by assisting in execution and
completion of design reviews, construction and installation
- Assist in the preparation of engineering turnover
- Supports system progress and as-built walk downs during
construction and installation.
- Participate in ongoing support of manufacturing equipment,
facilities, and utility systems.
- Participate in closure of deviations, CAPA's and change
controls for manufacturing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE Leadership Qualifications: An ongoing commitment to
conducting our global business according to the highest legal and
ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the
development and delivery of all of our products and services. This
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable
regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as
our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and
a company respected for the quality of its people and
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting
responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising
sound judgment in performing our jobs. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Chemical, or Mechanical
Engineering or a related engineering field.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exhibits strong communication stills and the ability to work in
a team environment.
- The ability to react to changing priorities based on
manufacturing or business needs.
- Experience in technical writing. WORKING CONDITIONS AND
- May be required to work in classified and controlled areas such
as clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally,
personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety
- Required to work with hand tools.
- Work includes some lifting, up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Vericel Corporation, Cambridge , Engineer I, Engineering , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!